Author Topic: Very weird head shape should I go bald?  (Read 5105 times)

Offline king ling

• Learning the way of Sly
Very weird head shape should I go bald?
« on: February 11, 2018, 11:09:25 PM »
I have a pretty weird shaped head that dips down across the middle. It almost looks like I have two peaks on my head. On top of this, it slightly bulges out on the sides. 23 and balding, I'm not sure what my options are and it's really killing my self-esteem/confidence.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 05:17:26 PM by king ling »

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
Re: Very weird head shape should I go bald?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 11:24:04 PM »
your head looks pretty normal, you wouldn't have any issues with shaving, it's a common concern which is generally unfounded
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 01:56:02 AM »
Your head shape looks completely normal, the ridge that you talk about may be an optical issusion in part caused by the shaping of your hair line , the almost island a time the front and main body behind giving the impression of two peaks.  If so the bald look would remove that.  It takes a little while to adjust but try it and own it, be confident in who you are.

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 03:03:21 AM »
Your head shape is fine. You’re nearly there with the buzz. Give it a go.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 05:18:07 AM »
you look fine with short buzz,  go ahead and shave you will like it - that is what counts.

Offline king ling

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 08:52:07 PM »
I appreciate the comments guys, maybe I'm just hyper focusing on it. Still a bit worried how it will look completely shaved, but I will post pictures when that happens.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 10:07:24 PM »
I have a pretty weird shaped head that dips down across the middle. It almost looks like I have two peaks on my head. On top of this, it slightly bulges out on the sides. 23 and balding, I'm not sure what my options are and it's really killing my self-esteem/confidence.

honestly, with your current recession and buzz, it looks pretty cool. athletic. hope you gain confidence. 

Offline moose

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 05:50:06 AM »
Female here.  Just my $0.02, yes, you are probably hyper-focused (which we all tend to do from time to time).  I have recently gone from a decade on-and-off of #1 buzzcuts to bald (all by choice, no general reason).  I'm pretty sure I'll settle at no-guard level for maintenance purposes.  People tell me all the time "I could never do that, my head is odd-shaped" and I tell them that I was always nervous as I can feel a legit lump in the front of my head.  I point it out to them and they all notice it - I did it anyway.  It kept me from taking the leap from #1 to bald but, I'm not gonna lie, once I went bald, there was zero difference from a lumpy perspective.  I say do what pleases you but try not to be hyper-focused on shape.  Every lumpy head is different but all heads have some sort of lump :)  Not to be cliche, and it may have been stated here already, but those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. I find my buzzcut and now bald head actually help me "see" who the quality people are in my life and who might be quality walking into my life.  Finally, most people are (legit) so self-consumed with their own lives that they really aren't taking much stock in your hair/head.  Any neg comments just reflects on them, not you.  Go for it... try it once.  If you don't like it, you'll be back at a buzzcut in less than a week.  I strongly believe you'll see no difference from a head-shape perspective.  Again, my $0.02 which is worth maybe $0.01!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 11:39:28 PM »
Jason Statham has the same head shape!

Offline USA man

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 09:53:46 PM »
If it makes you feel any better, I'm 23 and balding, I have almost the same exact head shape as you, only I have an offset knot on my head and I have a bigger forehead. I tried finasteride but it hurt my balls...