Author Topic: looking for your thoughts and advice  (Read 2856 times)

Offline emstone

• Learning the way of Sly
looking for your thoughts and advice
« on: February 11, 2018, 04:29:56 AM »
hey guys,

my hair's been thinning for around two years so today i decided to go ahead with it and buzz it down to a number one. i'm not in love with it at the moment and I'm considering shaving it completely down to nothing.

what do you think? should i go further & how does it look at the moment?

before: https://imgur.com/a/0oiPE

after: https://imgur.com/a/W7Ak7

appreciate your thoughts as always guys

Elliott

Offline wndk

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: looking for your thoughts and advice
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 05:10:47 AM »
Hey Elliott!

Well, in my opinion, it would look nice if you shave it all. Makes no sense in trying to avoid the inevitable. A wise man know that there is no good in trying to go against the natural flow of life (stoicism in a nutshell), and in our case, the natural flow is to be bald. So what? We have to accept it and embrace it with courage and honor. My case is just like yours, my hair was thinning and my attempt to hide it were just ridiculous. Embrace the change, use this opportunity as a door to your new and strongest self.

(i'am inspired today, lol)

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 07:16:50 AM »
Welcome
It looks better but IMHO it would look even better shaved
go sly

Offline jmdate

• Learning the way of Sly
  • It has been a long time...
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 08:24:09 AM »
Hi.
Both versions of you look fine - I think we can tell you really don't like the "After" shot by the expression on your face! However, (and I don't say this often), your more hairy photo also looks good. If you wanted to keep it longer you could - maybe in a few months or years, you'd choose to return to a close crop. There is always the prospect that your hair at the front may become more isolated from the rest (kind of like an island) and you may feel that the choice to buzz it all off becomes much easier.

I suspect by your willingness to go for a Number 1 all over that you are probably also willing to shave it off completely - I found that when I got to that stage, it occupied my thoughts day and night until I actually did it (and fell in love with it). And now it's me, all the time.

Hoping you have positive reactions to your new look - you have enough hair there to have fun with it, and experiment with various versions of your look. As a genus, most guys on here love their bald and shaven selves, and this transition maybe marks the beginning of a new and confident you.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 10:17:31 AM »
Welcome. Elliott!

I think the second photo might be more of a shock factor than the fact that you don't necessarily like it. That said, I like the second picture better, because that island in the first picture wasn't doing you any favors. Hang in there and try it for 30 days.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 01:26:48 PM »
If you are not ready to shave, it it buzzed short.  When you are ready, do the razor shave.  IMO, the buzz is better than the hair, but a shave would also look better than the buzz.  It does take time to adjust, that is why we recommend 30 days to see if you like it.
SlyBeard

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 10:08:26 PM »
looks so much better buzzed. great look for ya. keep it for a while before you do anything else.

don't take this the wrong way, but your thinning hair wasn't a healthy look.

Enter your email address: