Author Topic: Thinking of ditching my hair system  (Read 2969 times)

Offline walgre

• Learning the way of Sly
Thinking of ditching my hair system
« on: February 03, 2018, 12:47:13 PM »
This is my first post chaps  . I was searching the web to see if I could find info on people that have had hair systems and wanting to ditch them and found this site and think I’m in the right place !

I’ve had a system for 11 years . I had it fitted when I was 25. The last 3 or 4 years I’ve had a more expensive system they call a titanium and it’s amazing . Not as dense as the first type I had . But the maintainance is getting me down. Every few days I’m having to clean the broken down glue from the  front and reattach . I’ve been thinking very stark fly about taking it off and shaving my head . I’ve given myself till August to do it. This is because I’ll be away in holiday for around 3 weeks so will be good to get some sun on the scalp! When it’s off when I have a refitting there’s a clear line where the unit comes to and I think it may take a while to fade.

Anyone gone though this themselves ?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Thinking of ditching my hair system
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 01:01:28 PM »
I can't imagine going through the maintenance and cost. There have been several guys here that once had a system and have shaved it off.

A shaved head is an accepted hairstyle now. You will probably feel relief not to have to deal with a hairpiece. There is a bit of work to keep a shaved head, but I enjoy the routine, and shave everyday. A smooth bald head feels awesome. Good luck with your adventure.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 01:32:44 PM »
I agree with reddog.  Keep in touch as your adventure progresses and good luck.  Don't forget sunscreen when you first shave.
Roger

Offline Lew

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 02:30:22 PM »
I ditched my "system" in May of 2016 and to date have saved over $8,000 (no, this is not an exaggeration) in Hair Club for Men fees.  My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner!

Offline GoHabs

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 09:26:34 AM »
Here is my "system":  Gillette Mach 3, Shave Brush and a Quality Soap.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 10:29:44 PM »
If you are wanting to do it, I suggest you do not need to wait until August.  Go ahead and do it now.  The skin tone will even out in time.
SlyBeard

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 12:24:12 AM »
I only have to re-do my hairline, every two weeks, and my system stays on for three weeks, in a very hot climate. Maybe you have the wrong type of base or glue for your body chemistry?

But, change is good... maybe shave your head, and give up hair for a while?