Author Topic: Worried about head shape, specifically occipital bone  (Read 2164 times)

Offline sinsan22

• Learning the way of Sly
Worried about head shape, specifically occipital bone
« on: January 19, 2018, 06:26:23 PM »
I think somewhere down the line I'm gonna have to shave it. But I'm extremely worried about my head shape! I can feel my occipital bone at the back of the head, it feels quite prominent. I appreciate that I can probably feel it more than I will be able to see it, but it concerns me still. When I arrange the mirrors so I can see my profile, I can't see my occipital bone, but I'm worried it will become more visible when I shave.

I also have a big forehead too. But did anyone else worry about their occipital bone? How did it look once you finally shaved. Any pics? Thanks :)

Offline sinsan22

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Worried about head shape, specifically occipital bone
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 08:07:12 AM »
anyone???

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 10:45:36 AM »
I think we can all feel the bone, and it is often visible.  Almost every head shaver had concerns about head shape before they shaved.  I can tell you the 99.99% of the time, it is a non issue.  In fact, the guys that think they have an issue often look no different than other that shave.  And a big forehead is usually just looks big because of a receding hair line.  Once the hair is gone, it no longer looks big.  One thing is for sure, shaving will not make it look bigger.
SlyBeard

Offline brannon67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 07:55:26 AM »
Mostly everyone's sticks out some. That's the way it is. Perfectly normal.