Author Topic: Shall I shave?  (Read 11354 times)

Offline michalbuilder

• Learning the way of Sly
Shall I shave?
« on: October 26, 2017, 05:30:21 PM »
Hi guys,

Firstly I would like to thank all users for this platform and I'm glad there is a place where we can support each other. So...my hair has been thining for the last 6 years and I got to a stage where I'm considering to shave it completely. I'm still not fully convinced as I am freaking out it may not suit me at all. What do you think? Is my head shape ok to go bald?

Thanks!

Michal

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Shall I shave?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 06:17:03 PM »
I don't see any reason why you won't look great with a shaved head. If you want to try it, go for it. Takes a little while to get used to it, but I was hooked immediately after my first headshave.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 12:56:09 AM »
You have choices. You can leave as is but you dont seem happy with that and you are curious as to what you would look like sly.  Or you could shave it, if you dont like it it will go back in a little while but at least you will know.  You can buzz down gradually as see how you feel about it. 
As reddog says if you do shave it can take a while to get used to the new look but given the photos you have a head shape that will rock being sly.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 12:58:24 AM »
Try buzzing it down to a 1 or .5 and see how it looks. I'm pretty sure you'll want to shave once you see your head shape.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 04:41:20 AM »
Six years ago I was in a similar position, except my hair was not thinning. I was just buzzing it pretty short and wondered about shaving my head. A number of friend really were bald or nearly bald and I wanted to support them.

So I broke out the razor and gave it a try. 30 days rule. The most terrifying part was the first pass of the razor. no going back. But as you can see, it really was, 'no going back'. I really liked the bald look. Reddog has a similar story as we are both BBC. 

Now, it's about time to head to the sink and shave my head again. 

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 07:06:52 AM »
My guess is, if you are here asking the question, you already know what you want to do and just need a push to get you there.  Almost every guy that comes here with a question is concerned about head shape.  Head shape is almost never an issue.  I suggest you give it a try.  If you don't like it, it will grow back soon enough.  But I bet you will like it.  It take about 30 days to adjust and learn to shave properly (without blood).
SlyBeard

Offline michalbuilder

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 04:10:39 PM »
I decided I will have my first shave this week before I go on holidays and will show you guys what you think about it. Don't think there is any other way to find out whether or not this is for me...

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 05:44:30 PM »
I don't think you will be disappointed. Nothing like your first headshave, enjoy the experience, let us know how it goes.

Offline michalbuilder

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 05:28:39 PM »
I did as I said. Not entirely convinced yet but don't think it's a bad look. What are your thoughts guys?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 05:45:30 PM »
Just as I thought, looks fantastic. I must say, you went from balding to badass. Go for the 30 day trial, and welcome to the club!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 05:50:55 PM »
Looks great!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 08:58:36 PM »
It is a great look on you.  Give yourself 30 days with it to adjust to the change.  And keep the beard, a beard goes well with a shaved head.
SlyBeard

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 02:05:31 AM »
Looks great.  Much better than before

Offline Themightyjuice

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 09:13:28 AM »
I think you'd totally rock a buzz. Some stubble on top would look epic. Great shape 👍

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 12:30:47 AM »
Good decision.  Stick to the 30 day rule.
Roger