Author Topic: January Sly Fitness Challenge  (Read 16013 times)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
January Sly Fitness Challenge
« on: January 01, 2013, 07:42:13 PM »
It's the start of a new year guys and it's time to hit the ground running!

A lot of you will probably have made a new years resolution to lose a couple of pounds/kilos/stones. Instead of letting that resolution slip by why don't you jump on board with this months challenge and start making that goal a reality!

My goals for January include:

-Another injury free month!

- Get that elusive 27.5kg dumbell flat bench press

- 120kg Deadlift

- 50kg Good Mornings

- 35kg Preacher curls, unassisted!

How about everyone else? It could be just something as simple as getting into the gym X days a week or going for a walk/jog.

Lets get people excited about fitness in the new year!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: January Sly Fitness Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 08:50:42 PM »
Hi Beardman:  You got some great goals.  I'm just going to keep it simple and my goal is to go to the gym at least three times a week.  I will officially start next week. O0

WARHAWK  O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 09:14:04 PM »
I am going to attempt to get back into the gym at least 3 times a week!

I was fit at one stage!

Being slightly more specific I would like to get my bench back to over 120kgs
Lynchy

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 04:07:05 AM »
Welcome aboard Lynchy. 120kg bench press, that's huge! Before I hurt my shoulder I think I might have just got to 57.5 or 60kgs. I got back up to 52.5 or 55kgs before I switched to dumbells.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 08:19:08 AM »
I hope to exercise in someway everyday for a minimum of 30 minutes.  I will utilize the weight room, stationary bike, running, road bike, etc.  Hopefully I will stick with it. 
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 12:52:48 PM »
I did 5K run today, 250 crunches and shoulder and back exercies with weights, Beardy, I am on the 26k dumbell flat press so we will have to set a challenge!!

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 01:53:33 PM »
Here we go again, hopefully more succesful this time round!!

Starting next Monday (7th) I shall be back on the wagon (I know I should be starting NOW but I still have a late xmas lunch at my mums this weekend so I don't want to offend, plus gives me time to prepare!)

My goals for this month are to simply get this whole fitness/weightloss thing rolling and get back into a healthy diet. I'm not setting any figures or goals, I'm after routine and positive progression!!

I will tidy out and setup my spare room "gym" this weekend and try and figure out what to do with all these weight things!!

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 02:23:44 PM »
I think I would be better off if all the holiday candy was gone from work!!!!  O0
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 02:45:01 PM »
Welcome aboard Lynchy. 120kg bench press, that's huge! Before I hurt my shoulder I think I might have just got to 57.5 or 60kgs. I got back up to 52.5 or 55kgs before I switched to dumbells.

Shoulder injuries are the worst. Hope yours is getting better.

120kg sounds huge but its all comparitive to body weight. As I weigh 120kgs ish. It isnt that great of a acomplishment.
Lynchy

Offline Viking

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 02:50:24 PM »
I think I would be better off if all the holiday candy was gone from work!!!!  O0

Hence why I've delayed it a week, there's still the odd xmas beer or six in the fridge!!

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 05:54:53 PM »
Sorry it took me a while to post here (Beardman's use of kg gave my calculator a workout lol). I'm in for at least 3x a week at the gym. I haven't seen the inside of a gym since my last college football practice, but it's way past time to remedy that.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 10:48:29 PM »

Shoulder injuries are the worst. Hope yours is getting better.

120kg sounds huge but its all comparitive to body weight. As I weigh 120kgs ish. It isnt that great of a acomplishment.

Ah yes, very true! I'm still, people will be impressed when you can say that you bench press your own body weight :D

My shoulder is doing really well these days, I'm actually finding a bit of weakness in my "good shoulder" these days, I think it's just from carrying the bad shoulder for the past few months, hopefully it settles itself down soon.

Welcome aboard Steve, sounds like a solid plan to me, I work out 5 days a week at the moment, I was going doing 6, but I found I was dropping the Saturday work out once or twice a month in favour of going to a local metal gig. But now if I have to I can just turn a rest day into a exercise day instead if I have too.

Here we go again, hopefully more succesful this time round!!

Starting next Monday (7th) I shall be back on the wagon (I know I should be starting NOW but I still have a late xmas lunch at my mums this weekend so I don't want to offend, plus gives me time to prepare!)

My goals for this month are to simply get this whole fitness/weightloss thing rolling and get back into a healthy diet. I'm not setting any figures or goals, I'm after routine and positive progression!!

I will tidy out and setup my spare room "gym" this weekend and try and figure out what to do with all these weight things!!

Welcome back Gearhead! Sounds like a great idea to start on Monday, I'm sure you'll get on track this time, if you feel yourself slipping let us know and we'll kick your butt!

Sorry it took me a while to post here (Beardman's use of kg gave my calculator a workout lol). I'm in for at least 3x a week at the gym. I haven't seen the inside of a gym since my last college football practice, but it's way past time to remedy that.

Haha, sorry bro, normally I do the conversions for you silly yanks, but this time around I was in a bit of a rush, I was already late kicking it off as it was lol! (being the 2nd of the month for me at the time)

Get in there bro and hit it hard!

I did 5K run today, 250 crunches and shoulder and back exercies with weights, Beardy, I am on the 26k dumbell flat press so we will have to set a challenge!!

Haha I'm always keen on a challenge, last time I did that I said to my gym partner, "whatever you can lift I'll do the same reps at 1 increment higher", boy was that a fun night... It was even more fun the next day lifting stuff at work, because we did it on an arms night haha.

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 12:38:31 PM »
5K run
100 Crunches
Leg work out on machines
Triceps

Offline Viking

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 11:44:41 AM »
Starting tomorrow!!  :x!

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 11:46:47 AM »
My goal is 30 mins of cardio a day. Need to shift a few pounds. Well a few kilograms really. Healthy eating too.