Author Topic: Sun Glasses  (Read 29903 times)

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
Sun Glasses
« on: February 15, 2013, 06:01:42 PM »
I like sun glasses !  Good for the eyes , and also good for the SLY Look !  There are alot out there .  So what are your favorites ? 

I have some old Foster Grant's lol not Foster Brook's !   ;D  But also have some RayBan's , and HD, advertised over the tele .  Anyone what to but a pair ?  ;D

"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Re: Sun Glasses
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 10:01:49 PM »
I've got a nice pair of Oakley's.
Hair is over rated.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 10:15:55 PM »
My glasses came with magnetic clip-ons.  Works for me.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 06:10:06 AM »
I have a great pair of Wiley X sunglasses. They are pretty popular in the motorcycle world. I didn't particularly like spending almost $100 for sunglasses but it was a great investment.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 08:37:41 AM »
Needing Rx glasses, I get mine at www.zennioptical. Some are just tinted lenses, while others have magnetic clip on's like the Sly Bear.

They have lots of frame styles to choose from. And if you don't need an Rx, you can still order, just enter 0 (zero) for the R factors.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 03:06:48 PM »
I think we all would agree that you get what you pay for.  But there is something about good , glass's, when you are out and about no matter what time of

the year.  Seems like the cheap ones don't have the clarity that the Rx, or more expensive brands do.  I just have to make sure I keep them in my hands or

on my head so they don't disappear , which they have have a tendency to grow legs real fast.   O:O
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Todo Duro

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 01:47:25 PM »
I have a pair of Oakleys wraparounds (http://www.oakley.com/products/6100/23774... they cost something stupid but have more than paid themselves off in over six years of service and don't look like they're going to retire any time soon. Great protection and clarity, very sturdy. Sunglasses are really one of those things not worth cutting corners on.
.: you must laugh and sing if you want to conquer the world :.

Offline Billy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 09:25:24 AM »
After trying several failed styles I swallowed my pride and went to an eyewear boutique...  Not like Sunglass Hut but a really  upscale place in the fashion district.  I'm not at all metro but I figured the premium price would be worth it to get a hot babe to tell me what looked perfect on me.

Ended up with the Mosley Tribes "Colden" aviators in my avatar (~$200).  The attendent explained how with bald guys, the big tear-drop frames offset the size of the forehead and compliment the curve of the skull.  Who knew.  Might explain why many rappers wear the larger frame shades since most of them have shaved heads.

Anyway if you go that route, dress as you would for a date so they'll pick a style of frame that matches your style of dress.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 10:01:33 AM »
Looks good.

Offline NoPony

• Sly
    • James Barley Woodturner
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 02:21:35 PM »
Getting to that time of year where sunglasses are needed, so I thought I'd update my avatar photo.
The glasses you see are worn over my prescription glasses, they are Solar Shields advanced UV protection and did not cost much.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 07:33:53 AM »
My old stand by is my RayBan Wayfarers. Always a classic.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline clarinetguy

• BBC and Sly since April 22,2012
  • Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 07:29:39 PM »
Had Ray Ban Wayfarers in their original style- Lasted forever- miss them- maybe it's time for a new pair

Offline jaco999

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 03:50:58 AM »
Sun glasses are good for the protection of the sun rays but specially use the Wiley X glasses.Black color is my favorite...Can you tell me the another type of glasses which is new in the market?

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 12:26:05 PM »
You might want to contact Plano about sunglasses.  Vheck this thread http://www2.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=21137.0
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline lightbulp

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 05:22:57 PM »
Raybans for me too  8)

Please forgive me for the mistakes in my posts.
English is not my native language.