Author Topic: Baldness is a turn off for most women - let's start being honest  (Read 14821 times)

Offline tryingtostaypositive

• Sly Jr.
Let's get real. When's the last time you saw a bald man dating/going out with a really good looking woman?

It's rare in my opinion, even for those bald guys who still look good with a bald head.

A receding and obvious balding is clearly unattractive but totally bald puts women off too. Of course there'll be some women who will be into the bald look but it's more of a "fetish" kind of thing. Baldness is seen as universally unattractive and if you are bald at a relatively young age, your dating prospects really take a blow.

Let's be honest here.  I don't want to believe all the sympathetic cries of "it's what inside that counts" and it's about confidence etc. You HAVE TO LOOK AT THE REALITY.  And the reality is that women care about looks as much as men do and generally speaking baldness is not viewed as attractive. A bald shiny head is for the vast majority of women not something that turns their heads in the same way overweight women aren't going to have men chasing after them in a hurry. 

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
Re: Baldness is a turn off for most women - let's start being honest
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 05:06:25 PM »
You're entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to think you're talking rubbish.
Bald men look great, absolutely loads of women are into it. At the end of the day all you need is 1 woman (or man) who likes it.
If someone is shallow enough to not like bald men then that's their issue, their opinion is just that, an opinion.

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 06:45:01 AM »
i feel thats whats inside is all that matters.just because someone looks great does not make them nice.someones looks does not talk the persons personality does.thats important in a good long lasting relationship.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 07:23:42 AM »
This is the same old sob story,you keep repeating time after time. You mention reality, and maybe for you this is true.  But for many of the members on this forum we find your statements not to ring true , in their experience. If you keep thinking in such negative ways , finding any happiness will be much harder. Continuing to complain about your baldness will not help in building any confidence. How you feel about your baldness, does make all the difference. To go thru life with your negativity , cannot help you in any good way. Granted a full head of hair maybe more desirable, but unfortunately nature had other thoughts . So in essence quit crying !!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 07:46:23 AM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 10:16:03 AM »
well said magoo.i have been shaving my head for a couple of years now and i have been the happiest i have ever been.i have been married to my beutiful wife for over 25 years now,and she loves my bald head better now then when i had thinning hair.a possitive attitude is a good attitude.and all of the people on this website that i have asked advice from have good attitudes and good people.

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 10:47:04 AM »
Please wear a toupee and change your name to The Prince of Pessimism.  You believe you are doomed, therefore you are.  'Nuf said. 
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 04:18:44 PM »
I know several guys with shaved head who have gorgeous girls.

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 10:24:12 AM »
tryingtostaypositive, it sounds to me like you're looking to be with the top 1% of beautiful women (however you describe beauty to yourself). It also sounds like you're not Okay with being bald yourself. If you're not Okay with yourself, why would the top 1% of beautiful women be Okay with you?

I would suggest to look at how you are judging women on their outward appearances (posts talking about overweight women or ugly skinny women), and at the same time condemning women for judging you on your outward appearance.

I think once you accept people for being people, once you get past superficial judgement, then you will have a better chance of finding the woman for you. There are billions of women out there, try getting to know some of them and you might find what you're missing.

Good luck to you.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 01:00:45 PM »
tryingtostaypositive, it sounds to me like you're looking to be with the top 1% of beautiful women (however you describe beauty to yourself). It also sounds like you're not Okay with being bald yourself. If you're not Okay with yourself, why would the top 1% of beautiful women be Okay with you?

I would suggest to look at how you are judging women on their outward appearances (posts talking about overweight women or ugly skinny women), and at the same time condemning women for judging you on your outward appearance.

I think once you accept people for being people, once you get past superficial judgement, then you will have a better chance of finding the woman for you. There are billions of women out there, try getting to know some of them and you might find what you're missing.

Good luck to you.

Totally agree with you , JohnRa . But I think he likes to troll , the members on this forum.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 01:05:24 PM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 05:39:21 PM »
Tryingtostaypositive, what do you want us all to do? Say, "yes, you are right. No woman wants to be with a bald man.  We're all doomed to lives of loneliness and quiet desperation." Would that make you feel better?  Then what would you do?

To answer your question about when was the last time you saw a good looking woman with a bald guy.  My answer is "this past weekend".  My daughter who is very good looking has been dating a bald guy for nearly a year.  She does not have a "fetish" as you put it.  She met him online and his baldness was no issue for her.  He told us this weekend that he noticed his hair thinning when he was in his early 20's and decided that was enough, so he began shaving his head and has done so for 10 years.

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 02:40:05 PM »
I see attractive women with bald guys all the time! Heck, I even know a hairstylist whose husband shaves his head. Ironic that a hairstylist married a man with no hair! lol

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 03:21:32 PM »
Funny you mentioned that, miller. I received a message of interest on my singles site this week from a hairstylist/salon owner. She commented how handsome she thought I was.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 05:00:07 PM »
See, even hairstylists don't mind the hairless! Hahaha. And most girls say they don't mind a guy who is completely bald, it's thinning hair, horseshoes, combovers, and toupees that they can't stand.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2018, 06:54:19 AM »
No every woman or men find attractive a bald head,that's true,but is not that they find you gross or something like that,is just their own taste.

I tend to attract a certain type of man since I'm bald,but that's ok for me, some have the fetish,others don't. But in general my date/sex life improves a lot

Sounds chessy,but is all about confidence,people can't tell when you hate your appearance.

Offline nohairnow

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2018, 07:48:30 PM »
I think "turn off" is too strong.  We all have tastes and preferences in what we find attractive - and that's a good thing.  If "most" means the remaining ones really dig it then it gives sly guys an advantage.  They are out there and looking for you! ;)  But hey I'm just a newby so I'll have to find out for myself!

Enter your email address: