Author Topic: Hair  (Read 2355 times)

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
Hair
« on: April 16, 2021, 01:34:00 PM »
Do you ever feel that you'd like all your hair to go?  I don't mind shaving my head but I am quite bald in a few places and wouldn't have an issue if it all went.

First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Hair
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 02:21:14 PM »
Yes, Mike, after trying to grow my hair back over a dozen different times, I would be ok if it was all gone. No matter how I tried to style my hair, it was always a disappointment. I could probably grow a descent marine style high and tight, sides and back shaved, but at my age it just didn't look right. Some days I don't feel like shaving, but I hate stubble. It would be great to just wash your head, apply moisturizer and go!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 05:22:16 AM »
What can be done?  I don't give it much thought.  However, it would be nice to get a break from shaving.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 07:50:02 AM »
There are days I just don’t feel like shaving my head.  Keeping a smooth dome requires a lot of maintenance.  I’d be happy if a shave lasted 24 hours.  I shaved late yesterday afternoon and it feels like sandpaper this morning.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 10:05:21 AM »
Right! People don't realize what a commitment it is to maintain a smooth head. I've even heard people suggest we are lazy, or they think wearing a shaved head is low maintenance. I guess it is if you just run a zero clipper over it once a week. They don't understand the awesome feel of a freshly shaved head!

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 03:32:31 PM »
Some days I do feel like shaving is a chore and that the smoothness doesn't last as long as I'd like. So yes, there are times when I wish that I would just lose the rest of my hair and be permanently and utterly bald.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 09:38:10 PM »
Some days I do feel like shaving is a chore and that the smoothness doesn't last as long as I'd like. So yes, there are times when I wish that I would just lose the rest of my hair and be permanently and utterly bald.

Well there’s always laser unless your hair has turned gray and, if so,
there is epilation!

Offline MoonageDaydream

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 05:54:03 AM »
Yes! That’s why I had laser hair removal done on my scalp. I would rather just be totally bald. I still have to shave but it’s less frequent and much faster now.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 05:35:56 PM »
It would be nice to be and remain stubble free.  But then I would not notice the fell of a fresh shave?
SlyBeard

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 02:42:50 PM »
Yeah, I’d have a full head of hair if I stopped shaving but I don’t want it. I’d love for it to all disappear permanently.
Hair is over rated.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2021, 05:14:33 AM »
I’ve used an epilator on the top of my head several times.   I found that it will start tweezing hair two days after a razor shave.  As days three and four progress, more and more hairs are pulled with a corresponding increase in pain. 
I give my scalp a rest at that point for a month or two.  The pain level has dropped after following sessions.  I’ve noticed my hair growth has remained thin since my last session a couple of months ago and I don’t see much of a shadow on the top of my head anymore. 

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 05:39:02 AM »
There must be a pill that we can take once a week that will prevent hair from growing in.  I just don't know what it is. 

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2021, 06:15:34 AM »
I've never really thought about using an epilator before. Can anyone speak to that a little more? Is there an epilator out there that is designed for (or good for) the scalp?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2021, 06:34:51 AM »
Yes, it would be great not having to shave everyday, but I think I would also miss the shaving routine. When it's really cold in the winter, a weeks growth can give you a little warmth too.

I guess if you could take a pill to stop growth, I would try it! There are many days I get up and think maybe I'll take a break and not shave today, but by the time I get in the shower, I want it BBS.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2021, 07:38:15 AM »
@JohnRa I wish there was a pill to take that would stop hair growth.  I would be at my doctor’s office right now to get that prescription!   Unfortunately, most people aren’t like us.  There’s a big industry of hair restoration products for people who don’t want to go bald.

Enter your email address: