Author Topic: Wife's enforcing hair  (Read 3305 times)

Offline tdytfjfgj

• Learning the way of Sly
Wife's enforcing hair
« on: March 28, 2021, 07:30:07 AM »
I was shaved when I met my wife. I agreed to grow it for our wedding. Maybe that was a mistake.

Now she wants me to keep the hair. She says it's a more trustworthy image for my job. I live in China and I trust her for this kind of viewpoint. I'm not prepared to engage in such fashion politics in a foreign country. Just stay neutral.

I've asked a few other people and they all seem to say they prefer hair. So I'm using Minoxidil to keep it.

I'd prefer to realize the vitamin D adaptation and go back to the convenience of shaving it off though. It's annoying.

So... roast me?

Offline chuck63

• Sly
Re: Wife's enforcing hair
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 09:01:18 AM »
My wife prefers me with hair.  She doesn’t give me a hard time about being bald.  She wants me to be happy whether I shave my head or not. 

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 11:29:30 AM »
You are being very generous to accommodate your wife's tastes, but I seriously would not be trying to restore whatever hair I had lost were I ever to grow my horse shoe back.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 04:33:21 PM »
I don't know anything about the culture of the Chinese people  but I think it's  safer to follow the rules of any society.  If it's just a wife issue that's one thing but if the society frowns on it then that's quite another matter.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 03:26:37 AM »
It's your body...

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 05:13:34 AM »
It's your body...
That's true in the US(except the military) but maybe not in other countries.  There are some countries such as N. Korea that own the people

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 05:43:19 AM »
Between two married people...

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 08:55:01 PM »
 Well I would do some serious research into Chinese culture and their view of western men with shaved heads as opposed to Chinese men with shaved heads before I would simply take your wife’s word for this.   I don’t know how Chinese people feel about other Chinese men who choose to shave their head but the  Chinese nationals I know are pretty worldly wise in and fully understand western fashions and don’t even blink at western men with shaved heads. 

Your wife’s statement is ,  even if there were a modicum of truth in it for a Chinese person , an awfully convenient excuse for her to get what she wants.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 01:07:38 PM »
You're not property.  You're an adult.  Is she dictating that you regrow hair or is she recommending that growing out your hair?  Having a suggestion or opinion on the matter is one thing, but to demand that you comply with her whims is another.

You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2021, 01:49:07 PM »
Oh, I understand what it's like to keep the peace.  I shave my head daily to keep the peace here because if I miss a day, my wife calls me a "hippie".

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2021, 04:32:33 PM »
Oh, I understand what it's like to keep the peace.  I shave my head daily to keep the peace here because if I miss a day, my wife calls me a "hippie".

Lol
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.