Author Topic: should I got Bald again?  (Read 5490 times)

Offline slickjack

• Sly Jr.
  • Day 1
Re: should I got Bald again?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2020, 08:02:33 AM »
I agree with the other comments - you have to do what makes you happy.  But I totally understand your apprehension too.  I took me a very long time to get the courage to shave my head. I really worried what people would think, particularly as I have a full head of hair.  Would they think I was weird?  How would it fit with working for quite a conservative organisation?  The first couple of times I shaved (usually when on vacation) I let my hair grow back after a few days, despite wanting to stay bald. To be honest, I was pretty annoyed with myself for giving in to worrying what others might think or conforming to perceived norms.  But that's where I ended up.

I finally shaved my head again in April this year and have now been bald for 5 months.  I decided I really should do what I want.  Yes, some people remarked at the beginning and my mum in particular doesn't really like me bald.  I still get the odd comment now, particularly from people I haven't seen for a while.  But I can't tell you have much more confident I feel too. I really like having a shaved head and I think it looks pretty good. I enjoy shaving and having a totally smooth, clean head with a contrasting beard.  I now wish I'd got the courage to stay bald sooner.  All my old worries seem rather ridiculous, although they felt very real at the time.

You look great bald too.