Author Topic: Shaved my head now Depressed (Need advice)  (Read 2702 times)

Offline sam2018

• Learning the way of Sly
Shaved my head now Depressed (Need advice)
« on: June 14, 2018, 12:52:22 PM »
Hi everyone,

So i started balding when I was 20 and it started getting thin at when i was 29. I started using Minox and it worked for a while but it was receding. I am now 35.
I am a very good looking guy and in the past women were very attracted to me. Balding really hurts for me.
I am super self conscious about it. It got to a point last month were i said forget it and i shaved it off. I was not completely bald before i shaved it but the bald spots were driving me nuts and i also did not want to use Minox anymore since i had a yellow pillow everyday.
When I first shaved it, I felt good, but then a really bad anxiety and depression set in. The first reaction was from a girl that i was dating. she told me that "your lucky you going bald so you can shave your head"
I still have the shadow on my head when I shave so it does look like i still have hair.
Now my family hates it, and this doesn't help. I personally hate it as well. Every time I look at my self in the mirror i get depressed. Although i feel good when i shave my head down to zero every-time. 

When i first shaved it, lots of my friends said i look like a badass. Some laughed at me secretly. Girls that were dying to date me all the sudden lost interest. I went out one night to a bar and club, and i felt like i have completely lost my attractiveness. I didn't get looks from women like i used to get when i had little hair.
When wear a hat, I get SOOOO much attention from women which sucks.
I feel regretful for shaving my head.
I also feel like men shouldn't complain about looks but its hard. I get no support from my family and they hate my new look as well.(My mom text me daily that i should grow it back)
 I feel like if i grow it back it wont look as good as before since i stopped using Minox, but maybe with time i get used to the baldness?
Im also really white and i did grow a beard but i look a little intimidating. Like a gangster or skinhead. 
has anyone gone through the same?
Thanks for hearing me out.   

Offline scooby

• Sly
Re: Shaved my head now Depressed (Need advice)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 03:37:34 PM »
i did,i started losing my hair at 29 yrs old.by 35 i had no hair on top of my head,in 2005 i got cancer,after i got better my hair was thin on the back and on the sides in different spots,so i buzzed cut it down really short,the when i got used to it i shaved it with a electric shaver and that was over a year ago and i feel great and me and my wife celebrated our anniversary for 25 years in february.some people go after looks which is wrong.you said that after you shaved your head you felt good,thats all that matters.you made the right decision.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 08:13:41 AM »
Yes, a shaved head is not for everyone. Looks like you certainly have a few options.

1. Just let it grow back, it grows pretty fast.
2. Get a good quality toupee.
3. Keep shaving. In a short time, everyone will get used to seeing you bald. Lots of guys are 35 and bald. But if you don't like it, do something else.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 08:32:29 AM »
reddog is right a shaved head is not for everyone,but i think its right for you,otherwise you would not of felt happy after you did it,that proves you made the right move.you just need a little more time to get use to it.

Enter your email address: