Author Topic: I plan on offering free hugs...  (Read 11331 times)

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
Re: I plan on offering free hugs...
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 10:40:28 AM »
To me a  "Random Act of Kindness" is helping an old lady load groceries in her car, or paying the guys toll in the car behind you, etc.

Just walking up and hugging me without my consent would be a serious violation of my personal Aura (unless it was the Lovely MagmaBabe) and would be dealt with accordingly.

Don't confuse a "Random act of Kindness" with a "Random act of Perversion"..........

And why pick just one day to do "Random Acts of Kindness"...... Live your life to do them daily. "Pay it Forward".......

Here! Here!
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 10:45:38 AM »
I will be going to the mall tomorrow to offer free hugs.  I think it'll be a good way for me to interact with people and break out of my shell.  Wish me luck.

I'm not doubting you Dog, in fact, I encourage it.  But I will believe it, when I see it..
And to avoid the random acts of perversion that Mike was referring to, make sure you're clothed  ;D

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 11:00:22 AM »
I charge $1 a hug.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 11:02:23 AM by schro »

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Casey Jones

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 11:02:29 AM »
I'll admit i was a little weirded out to see these guys on campus the first time, but it seems to be gaining momentum.  I'll also say it appeared the females were getting way more enthusiastic responses than the dudes.  Mike has also got a great point about rent a cops.  Some of those guys have pretty warped senses of power structure.  They don't even have real badges, just patches!

At the mall near my house, they actually roll on segways and look downright silly.  This one guard had a serious Napoleonic complex one time back in highschool (He was shorter than I even on top of the segway and wearing a nonstandard issue Mountie style hat,  and started yelling when it wasn't needed).  A friend was waiting near the movie theatre and waved to me to get my attention.  I was dressed like a fool and this probably prompted the confrontation.  (I had on shorts fashioned from my lil bros halloween pirate costume and a bandanna messily holding my hair, we weren't going out to meet any dates so i didn't really care)   

Anyways segway guard zooms in to my friend and immediately demands he leaves the premises on account that gangs are not allowed at this mall.  My friend (who is dressed rather conservatively) is astounded.  He says, "What do you mean gangs?"  The guard says, "Don't try and fool me, i saw that gang sign you just flashed to that other guy (referring to the wave)"  My friend bursts out with laughter as this claim is pretty absurd.  I continue walking up to my friend to see what all the commotion is and the guard yells "Stop right there don't come any closer to me!",  I didn't heed much warning and walked within normal conversational distance.  The guard then asks what drugs I am on.  I get pretty pissed off at this accusation and demand to see a manager.  He then calls the police and my friend and I go to another movie theatre as to avoid the hastle.

Come to think of it, maybe we were meeting dates, because mall movies are always a lot more expensive than other theatres around here, and we're pretty cheap dudes.

Moral is, some would rather yell and piss and moan about a situation they don't understand rather than calmly converse in order to resolve a situation.  This goes for both parties in my case as the guard was acting rather ridiculous, and i got pissed and started yelling when accused of drug use as opposed to trying to get through to the guy.

Wouldn't want you to land in the same boat at the mall.
" I never said I didn't have syphilis/ Ms. Listless-- hard like the bricks I pound my fists with/ I mean, she's hard like the bricks/ That I pound with my fists."

Offline Casey Jones

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 11:08:03 AM »
I charge $1 a hug.

Heheh schro was your original statement too politically charged, because it was pretty clever.

I worked as a lifeguard last summer and the pool manager was a highschool teacher in her mid twenties who had lifeguarded since highschool.  Anyway, she and another female friend would glue jolly ranchers all over the front of a wife beater and wear them to the bars.  They pretended to be part of a bachelorette party and offered "Sucks for a Buck".  Apparently they made a ton of money and paid for all the drinks they wanted using this behaviorally questionable tactic. 
" I never said I didn't have syphilis/ Ms. Listless-- hard like the bricks I pound my fists with/ I mean, she's hard like the bricks/ That I pound with my fists."

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 11:15:14 AM »
I would do it but only offer the hugs to the ladies. I would also wear this t-shirt. >:D

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 11:18:17 AM by FR8TRAIN »
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

GASlick

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 04:54:14 PM »
I would do it but only offer the hugs to the ladies. I would also wear this t-shirt. >:D

Now you have it!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 07:07:55 PM »

FR8....... wearing clothes that say what the rest of us are thinking............
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2008, 07:20:59 PM »

The campaign is an example of a random act of kindness, a purportedly selfless act performed by a person for the sole reason of making others feel better.

That's appauling !!  8)