Author Topic: I get insecure at times...  (Read 7228 times)

Offline LatinCoffee

• Como estas?
  • Sly
I get insecure at times...
« on: March 26, 2011, 09:51:55 AM »
Hi! Im Angel David. New here & glad to have found this awesome messageboard for other fellow baldies like myself to interact with.  O0

I'm sure some or most of you have gone this phase. I get insecure at times with my looks (being bald and all). Sometimes I feel like 'Damn, Im a handsome guy' and other days I feel like a troll.  :-\ ::) :*))

I'm a single dude and feel (at times) that the reason I am not coupled it's because of my look. People say I resemble Chris Daughtry (from rock group, Daughtry) and I think he is good looking so that makes me feel good. But then I have my ahhh days!

For those of you going through this...how do you cope with the situation?

Hope you all have a rockin' day!  :D

-A

« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 10:01:14 AM by LatinCoffee »

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
Re: I get insecure at times...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 10:02:53 AM »
First off...Welcome to SBGs!!! 8)

I was a little insecure for a bout a day or 2...but got a lot of good feed back and then after the head rubs from the ladies started...I knew there was no looking back or any type of regret or insecurity for going SLY!!!

If anything, it amplified my confidence to new heights!!! O0

Offline LatinCoffee

• Como estas?
  • Sly
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 10:13:47 AM »
 O0 Hey Arnie! Thanks man! Awesome!!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 11:20:24 AM »
Never a problem.... I'm gorgeous, and I know it!

:*))

OK, seriously, it's actually a good thing that you have doubts now and again. Keeps you from getting arrogant and cocky. You're a good-looking young man and I'm dang sure it's not your looks that's keeping you single. When the right one comes along, it'll happen.

Meantime, do a self-check of the attitude you are projecting to others. How you project yourself has as much, if not more, to do with how others perceive you than mere looks.

Offline LatinCoffee

• Como estas?
  • Sly
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 01:13:59 PM »
Never a problem.... I'm gorgeous, and I know it!

:*))

OK, seriously, it's actually a good thing that you have doubts now and again. Keeps you from getting arrogant and cocky. You're a good-looking young man and I'm dang sure it's not your looks that's keeping you single. When the right one comes along, it'll happen.

Meantime, do a self-check of the attitude you are projecting to others. How you project yourself has as much, if not more, to do with how others perceive you than mere looks.

Wow...thanks SlyBear! Appreciate your comment!

Offline VictorMackey

• Sly weight loss master!
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 06:14:20 PM »
Well, for what it's worth, you have the perfect head shape for sly, and it seems you're blessed with crystal clear skin, no ridiculous horseshoe, and no ingrown, red blotchy, acne crap that I'm suffering every time I shave.

Do you eat a perfect diet or something, man? Your skin is glorious!

Offline DAMMAG

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 04:13:38 AM »
Mate, you've got nothing to worry about, you look sharp. In fact I would bet that you look better sly than with a full head of hair!

I don't see why you couldn't be going after the hottest girls around.

Offline KC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 05:28:03 AM »
Angel, I agree with all the comments.  Frankly, you could go into modeling if you wanted; your looks are that good and polished.  Secondly, every post you've made on this forum tells me you are a good decent person.  As I work in a virtual office, it means the world to have chitchat with folks I like; even if it is digital.

Keep the faith,

Ken
"The Spirit of the Mercury Astronauts is Rekindled in Me!"

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 01:54:37 PM »
The secret (one of the secrets) is "to rise above it all."  I've been sly on and off for a quarter of a century.  People at work no longer make any mention of my change from a buzz to a slick dome, done, say, over a weekend (as at present; am shaved).  My attitude is, "To hell with what folks think; I'm still the same me, smooth or bristly."

On the other hand I'll say that I am largely a self-sufficient "single" unit, and attracting or repelling others is not an item high on my list of of concerns.  As I edge towards seventy these matters have become rather abstract.  To be sly in your twenties is a far cry from being so in one's (my) sixties.

I only can add, "You are more than your MPB. The less you obsess, the more your success."

Offline DAMMAG

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 02:55:46 PM »
The thing is these days, Sly is a legitimate style choice and in reality you are only one of many Sly dudes walking about, at least where I live.

Offline LatinCoffee

• Como estas?
  • Sly
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 05:39:47 PM »
Well, for what it's worth, you have the perfect head shape for sly, and it seems you're blessed with crystal clear skin, no ridiculous horseshoe, and no ingrown, red blotchy, acne crap that I'm suffering every time I shave.

Do you eat a perfect diet or something, man? Your skin is glorious!

Wow--thanks so much Victor! I appreciate your nice comments. I wash my face, eat healthy most of the time, try to drink lots of water, moisturize and try to keep outta the sun and I don't smoke.
Thanks again!  O0

Offline LatinCoffee

• Como estas?
  • Sly
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 05:40:34 PM »
Mate, you've got nothing to worry about, you look sharp. In fact I would bet that you look better sly than with a full head of hair!

I don't see why you couldn't be going after the hottest girls around.

Thanks Dammag! U rock man! How are u? U dont look bad yourself man!!

Offline LatinCoffee

• Como estas?
  • Sly
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 05:43:02 PM »
Angel, I agree with all the comments.  Frankly, you could go into modeling if you wanted; your looks are that good and polished.  Secondly, every post you've made on this forum tells me you are a good decent person.  As I work in a virtual office, it means the world to have chitchat with folks I like; even if it is digital.

Keep the faith,

Ken

Thanks Ken! Me?! Model?! Nahhhh!  ;D But thanks alot bro! I'd like to consider myself a good decent guy with a great heart and hopefully soon that will attract that someone special into my life. Thanks again bud!!