Author Topic: as if the targeted ads weren’t bad enough !!!!!  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
as if the targeted ads weren’t bad enough !!!!!
« on: July 26, 2019, 09:42:54 PM »
 OK so who among you thought it was perfectly acceptable to give away my name and address to google???   it’s none of googles effing business what websites I belong to or frequent !!!!

I was in my personal email box tonight and I open the message which said it was from slide bald guy but when I opened it it wasn’t from slide all guys it was from google it was from a mailing list that Google has put together and it repeated back to me comments that I made to you and you made to me as if I need to see them again after I already wrote them in the first place and I found out that by clicking on that an opening that mail google put spyware on my computer there is no hard cookie on my computer which is deleting all of my search history which is already stole all of my contacts list the name and address of my personal family members the transmitter them back to fucking Google! I was in my personal email box tonight and I open the message which said it was from sly bald guys but when I opened it it wasn’t from slide ball guys it was from Google it was from a mailing list that Google has put together and it repeated back to me comments that I made to you and you made to me as if I need to see them again after I already wrote them in the first place and I found out that by clicking on that and opening up mail google put spyware on my computer there is no hard cookie on my computer which is deleting all of my search history which is already stolen all of my contacts list the name and address of my personal family members the transmitter them back to fucking google!!!

and now I find that I have been “subscribed” to a Google mailing list  which repeats back to me everything that I have said to you on the board with that you have responded to me on the board since when the hell was it OK for you guys to give away peoples personal information ???

and then I am told that in order to “ unsubscribe “ I have to enter onto the Google site and when I read the fine print it says it by doing so I have a greed to grant google a lifetime license in all the information that it stole off of my computer and from my email account!

Who did this I really wanna know who did this ?   how would you feel if I gave away your name your identity and your address to  whomever I please ?   how would you like it if I subscribe you to “focus on the family”?  or to the National Rifle Association, or to “Actup”, etc.?

and in order to unsubscribe I have to agree to their terms of service which would which would include agreeing that everything they cleaned off of my computer with their malware and they’re taking up my entire contact list they have a flight is to use for life

so somebody better fess up !

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
Re: as if the targeted ads weren’t bad enough !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 10:42:45 PM »
Slide Ball Guys....Lol

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 01:52:17 AM »
When you go online, your browsing information is NOT totally private. You need to read the fine print of the agreement you effectively sign when you enter a website.

You never noticed that you search the web for barber scissors, and then all of a sudden you are on another site and get ads for, or something similar?

And BTW, it's totally Google's effing business because that IS their business. They track and mine data, and that is sold to companies that want to target you. Or, websites get hacked without the sysadmin's knowledge. Site owners will embed google cookies or other tracking tools, it's how they generate income.

This page has a facebook tracking pixel, for example.

The only way to avoid this completely is to go offline. You can go into your browser, Chrome, for example, and block third-party cookies, and all types of tracking to limit this. There are also all sorts of plugins that will help with this, also.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 01:56:18 AM by DoberDaddy »

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 06:27:58 AM »
OK so who among you thought it was perfectly acceptable to give away my name and address to google???   it’s none of googles effing business what websites I belong to or frequent !!!!

I was in my personal email box tonight and I open the message which said it was from slide bald guy but when I opened it it wasn’t from slide all guys it was from google it was from a mailing list that Google has put together and it repeated back to me comments that I made to you and you made to me as if I need to see them again after I already wrote them in the first place and I found out that by clicking on that an opening that mail google put spyware on my computer there is no hard cookie on my computer which is deleting all of my search history which is already stole all of my contacts list the name and address of my personal family members the transmitter them back to fucking Google! I was in my personal email box tonight and I open the message which said it was from sly bald guys but when I opened it it wasn’t from slide ball guys it was from Google it was from a mailing list that Google has put together and it repeated back to me comments that I made to you and you made to me as if I need to see them again after I already wrote them in the first place and I found out that by clicking on that and opening up mail google put spyware on my computer there is no hard cookie on my computer which is deleting all of my search history which is already stolen all of my contacts list the name and address of my personal family members the transmitter them back to fucking google!!!

and now I find that I have been “subscribed” to a Google mailing list  which repeats back to me everything that I have said to you on the board with that you have responded to me on the board since when the hell was it OK for you guys to give away peoples personal information ???

and then I am told that in order to “ unsubscribe “ I have to enter onto the Google site and when I read the fine print it says it by doing so I have a greed to grant google a lifetime license in all the information that it stole off of my computer and from my email account!

Who did this I really wanna know who did this ?   how would you feel if I gave away your name your identity and your address to  whomever I please ?   how would you like it if I subscribe you to “focus on the family”?  or to the National Rifle Association, or to “Actup”, etc.?

and in order to unsubscribe I have to agree to their terms of service which would which would include agreeing that everything they cleaned off of my computer with their malware and they’re taking up my entire contact list they have a flight is to use for life

so somebody better fess up !
Besides, Google, Amazon, Facebook, and your mobile carrier, your home ISP is also selling your personal data. You have no legal right to stop or reverse it. Your digital footprint (pretty much everything about you)  is well-established by all the big tech companies and your data is sold without your consent all the time. You have no recourse. You came unplug, cut the cord, remove your accounts, become a digital nomad, but your book has been written and is tied to you. The tombstone is already carved.

Europe's G.D.R.P. is an attempt to tighten consumer privacy but is only a flimsy attempt.

And for the love of God, get off gmail. All that mail is scanned by Goole's bots and your profile is further refined.

The problem is governments, both domestic and foreign, and law enforcement are bidding for the same data. Hello facial recognition.

And then we have Russians and other hostile states hacking and planting malware like Face App. and worse. We're fucked.

By the way, I make my living designing, simulating, and testing commercial database software. Ironic, huh?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 02:51:25 PM »
If you entered your email address below to get forum posts by email, then that's likely the email that you received. The email is a feed or recent posts and Google handles the sending of that email. You can unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of the email.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.