Author Topic: Shaving after FUT hair transplant scar  (Read 9162 times)

Offline brice

• Learning the way of Sly
Shaving after FUT hair transplant scar
« on: December 05, 2017, 11:57:39 PM »
Hello everyone, I wish I had discovered this forum a long time ago..

I made the terrible mistake of doing a hair transplant when I was young and insecure. Now a few years later I've accepted I'll go bald and I want to shave. Plus I'm still taking that pill that kills your libido and I'm sick of it.

Anyway I have that big scar on the back of my head, and if I shave it will be very noticeable (it goes from ear to eat and it's some time 1cm thick).
My questions are : should I just not give a f**k and deal with the people who ask me questions? Will it just turn off girls completely? Or should I get some SMP tatoo to cover it?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Shaving after FUT hair transplant scar
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 05:55:01 AM »
Welcome, Brice!

Sorry that you had the bad experience with the hair transplant. The good thing is that we here are not judgemental, we just want to help you feel good about yourself. That said, SMP over your scar is a good option, but it depends on how OCD you are about it. If you think you can wear a shaved head with no problem, then you don't have to do anything. But if not, there has been great progress in the SMP business and they could give you options to do only the scar coverage or to undergo the whole procedure. If you can, post a picture and we could give you better advice on what to do. Best of luck.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline brice

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 10:55:19 AM »
I won't mind a shaved head now, that would actually be a relief. And if it wasn't about women I would just shave it off even with the scar visible. But I doubt that a girl will picture herself being in any kind of relationship with a guy who has a big scar on the back of his head. Even if she doesn't mind, she'd probably think it would be too much trouble dealing with her friends / family asking questions about it. What do you think?

Here is a picture, it's not the best but it gives you an idea. It goes from ear to ear.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 11:38:06 AM »
I suspect the ladies worth keeping in your life couldn't care less about a scar on your head, face, or any other place.
SlyBeard

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 03:26:32 PM »
Slybeard is right, a scar will not matter and while you are concerned about people talking about it, I suspect you will find that it will be a really temporary thing.  Once some one has asked once why would they ask again.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 06:44:28 PM »
@brice I was sitting next to a guy at a restaurant bar with the exact same scar the other night.  He was with a very attractive woman.  As the other guys said, any woman worth keeping in your life won't care about it.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline brice

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 11:45:24 PM »
Thanks for your answers guys, I've also talked to a couple of friends about it and I'm considering shaving. Then if it's too much trouble dealing with the people asking questions I might go for SMP.

The moment I shave is going to be epic ^^

Offline brice

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 12:11:52 PM »
Guys I actually did it, I shaved.
The scar is not looking pretty though. It's been a few days and I'm fine with being bald, however I'm paranoid about people's reactions to the scar. I'm feeling like they think I look like a monster or something.

I know I should just get used to it but what do you guys think? Should I just get SMP on the scar?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 04:42:20 PM »
Welcome back, Brice, thanks for checking in.

Wow, that is a big scar...but joking aside, is the scar bothering you to the point that you can't enjoy everyday life?
If yes, I would look into some SMP, or at the very least see a dermatologist about some creams or remedies to minimize the appearance. I take it that hair doesn't grow there anymore.

BTW, I underwent SMP almost three years ago, but mine was to cover surgical scars. But even so, through networking, I've met a few friends who had their HT scars covered with SMP and with the right care, you would practically need a magnifying glass to see where their scars were. Feel free to PM me if you need some help. BTW, congrats on taking the plunge!

Offline brice

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 01:18:23 AM »
Well it's only been a few days so I'm definitely not comfortable with it and a bit paranoid about what people think of it. I guess I could live with it but I don't want it to be a problem socially.

I've heard that with SMP I can fade to weird colors (like blue) and go away if you sweat a lot, have exposure to the sun or if you're in the sea a lot. What's your experience with maintenance?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 04:48:39 AM »
Well it's only been a few days so I'm definitely not comfortable with it and a bit paranoid about what people think of it. I guess I could live with it but I don't want it to be a problem socially.

I've heard that with SMP I can fade to weird colors (like blue) and go away if you sweat a lot, have exposure to the sun or if you're in the sea a lot. What's your experience with maintenance?

Here are my tips for you: (I underwent four sessions from July-December 2015)

1. Shop around. While not necessarily a must, finding an artist who has had the job done would be a plus

2. If you're getting only the scar area done, I would be sure to get at least three sessions done. Generally, session two should take place about two weeks after session one, and the third session should be four weeks after the second. If you need more than three sessions, four weeks between each session would be ideal but YMMV (your mileage may vary) here.

3. In the beginning, the scar covered area may be a little darker than the rest of  the shade of your hair follicles, and that's okay. In time, the SMP area will blend in with the rest of your hair shade.

4. Usually, after each session, no head washing for 96 hours, and you generally have to wait 7 days before clipper/foil shaving and 10 days before razor shaving.

5. You can resume gym workouts after seven days, I would limit sun exposure for seven days as well. Also, bring a hat with you to each session. Buzz your head close enough the day before your treatment, though the practicioner may do that as well

Best of luck, and PM me if you have any questions!

Offline lloydrm

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 10:34:54 PM »
I'd recommend to shave it. I mean cream and blade to the scalp and shave. That will reduce the contrast between hair and no hair, plus as you shave the scar will blend in a little. I have a scar and at the very beginning is was very noticeable. Not anymore. I would definitely try 2-3 weeks shaving every other day and see what happens.
Good luck.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 04:09:48 PM »
I suggest you give a close razor blade shave a try first to see if it still shows as much without the dark stubble.
SlyBeard

Offline wndk

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2018, 07:17:32 AM »
Guys I actually did it, I shaved.
The scar is not looking pretty though. It's been a few days and I'm fine with being bald, however I'm paranoid about people's reactions to the scar. I'm feeling like they think I look like a monster or something.

I know I should just get used to it but what do you guys think? Should I just get SMP on the scar?

Hey, bro! I dont think this is a big deal, really. To me it makes you look more manly. Embrace it. I dont think that any woman that is worth it would care about this, this scar is not ruining your face or something like that, this is my opinion. Scars make us look like we've won some battles.

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2018, 12:43:40 AM »
I had SMP done by HIS Hair 5 years ago. It is just fading a bit now but all my HT scars are 95% covered. Be sure to use only shades of black ink then there can be no turning into other colors. His Hair is one of the first and I think still the best but more have come into the business in recent years. SMP will be perfect for you and do try a razor blade shave since you went this far.