Author Topic: After a year of shaving my head....  (Read 10987 times)

Offline hadumaster

• Learning the way of Sly
After a year of shaving my head....
« on: November 23, 2011, 07:28:51 PM »
First off, I'd like to greet all the wonderful members, young and old alike, associated with this wonderful site. This is my first post, but I've been reading several topics and forums of this site for a few months. I finally got some down time and decided to post. So a little bit about me: Im 26, single, pale, average weight, living in NYC. I started to lose my hair only on top since I was 22. I never thought Id be able to shave my head and then one day, I decided to buzz my hair short and it still looked bad, so I decided to take the mach 3 and shave it clean.

So after a year after shaving every other day, I am still pretty uncomfortable. I don't think i have a good shaped head and because Im pale, I do not think I look great bald. I have gotten good and bad responses from this, the bad has mostly been from my family, who is traditional and doesnt believe in shaving heads. So currently, I am still shaved, but I am not feeling great about it. So I decided to see what you guys thought, and if you had any tips to give me or advice, I would gladly take it. I feel most of the looks I get, especially from women, are not good at all. This has made me even more insecure. I feel like I am stuck looking bad with or without growing my hair back, and I dont feel like doing hair transplant surgery. What do you guys think?

thanks,
Eric Y.
Brooklyn, NY

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
Re: After a year of shaving my head....
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 08:08:09 PM »
First of all welcome to SBG'S. Now on to you. Your head shape is fine. Your skin tone is fine. You should have no worries, I know easier said than done. If the looks you are getting from the ladies are not the ones you want then o k maybe they are not the ones for you. Relax  because there are a lot more out there that are the ones. You are a goodlooking guy so hold that bald head up high get out there and enjoy. Your gonna do great! O0

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 09:13:53 PM »
Welcome.

I have to agree with Boxman. You look really good. Skin tone looks good. Clear skin looks good.

You're right - you really don't want to start transplants. It's most likely going to cause you more anxiety than you have now for a variety of reasons.

I think you should put the insecurities behind you because there is not a thing wrong with your look. Really!  Many of us have found family to be the least accepting and it may not have anything to do with how you look.

I do like the first picture better where it looks like you have more of a beard but either way works for you.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:18:07 PM by Acme »

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 10:54:15 PM »
I second Boxman and Acme's comments.  You look great, nothing to worry about.  Plenty of ladies out there are going to dig the look.   :@`

Personally, if I were you, I would go with the facial hair.  I think it looks better but either way works.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 12:11:30 AM »
damn. the people. you're a NewYorker, screw the people:D it's all about you!
Bald look suits you well!
About hair transplant...you'll regret it. Embrace the freedom, buddy :)
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 12:17:55 AM »
The ladies aren't reacting to your look, but to your outlook. If you feel insecure, you're projecting that to everyone in radar distance.

You don't need hair -- and certainly not transplants -- what you need is some self-confidence.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 05:17:46 AM »
Welcome. I agree with what The Sly Bear said. It's all in the attitude. Let me say you wear bald really well. In the first pic, you look like Chris Daughtry's long lost brother.  O0
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 06:05:15 AM »
The ladies aren't reacting to your look, but to your outlook.

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!

My advice is short.......

Your life, your head,.... doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Listen to Bear....... he's very wise.
You're worrying about the wrong things Dude.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 07:11:41 AM »
I learned a long time ago that it is your attitude that wins the day.

Slynito

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 07:43:44 AM »
Listen to the, "Boxman"!   O0

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 08:31:38 AM »
First of all, welcome to SBG--you're home Bald Brother. 

Of course it's TG morning and since we're doing the dinner this year I was up early getting my part done so I can have a nice shower and make the dome super holiday smooth. :)  While I was finishing up, the Macy's Parade show starts and there on the screen, wide screen HD of course, was Matt Lauer, and if you ever need to feel good about how you look sly, just look at that poor guy--talk about pale, sick looking with the short hair making him look like the survivor of something really bad and it's even worse in HD, he should avoid HD at all costs.  He's a walking billboard for the sly look.  Get a picture of this sad looking guy and when you're not sure about yourself, take it out--that's the alternative and it doesn't look good at all. 

You look great, and compared to Lauer you look fantastic.  The only thing keeping you from the girls--more than just getting looks, I mean--just remember as you've heard here, it's attitude.  If Lauer is willing to go on nationwide TV looking as poor as he does, you certainly can project the image of what's beneath that great dome--a nice guy.  Go to it.

Offline Snakehandler

• Sly
  • Snakehandler
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 08:43:26 AM »
Sly looks great on you ! Exude confidence. Ladies like confidence not cocky. In the second pic you're smiling. Keep the smile on your face. Look girls in the eye & smile. They'll smile back. Greet them with a smile & they'll return it   😄

Offline hadumaster

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 09:30:00 AM »
To Boxman & Acme & bostonbean,

I appreciate all of your viewpoints. I actually started growing a full circle beard, although it doesn't really connect. I am definitely going to keep your comments in mind. Thanks for giving me some clarity.

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

Offline hadumaster

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 09:33:39 AM »
damn. the people. you're a NewYorker, screw the people:D it's all about you!
Bald look suits you well!
About hair transplant...you'll regret it. Embrace the freedom, buddy :)

Thanks for the advice and the compliment. \m/ Rock the Horns! I'm a big metal music enthusiast. Happy Thanksgiving

Offline hadumaster

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 09:43:33 AM »
To TheSlyBear: You're 100% absolutely right. I have to start gaining my self-confidence back. Thanks.

To kalbo: thanks for your reply. Chris Daughtry pulls off the sly look in excellent fashion. I cant imagine him with hair at all. Thanks for the compliment. \m/

To Mikekoz13: Thanks for the reply. I feel like I'm more self conscious about my looks now than I was before I shaved. But you are right, i have to stop worrying about other people and just be me.

To Tom Gallagher: Absolutely Tom. Wise words. Thanks for your reply.

To Slynito: Will do, thanks.

To Snakehandler: Thanks for your reply and outlook. I will definitely try.

Thanks guys, Happy T-Day \m/