Author Topic: Should I shave my head?  (Read 15997 times)

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Should I shave my head?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 06:50:57 AM »
Just to add one consideration to transplants, a transplant does NOT stop the process of mpb, so when you've paid to fill in what has fallen out to this point, the process will continue and the transplanted area can be left without hair behind it--in addition to the scar(s) on the donor area.  Expensive, of course, painful--physically, financially and as mpb continues--pain to your ego.  
Shaving is safe, shaving doesn't leave scars, shaving is safe for the wallet.  

There you go.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 06:52:10 AM »
Im now wondering why anyone would even consider a transplant if it doesnt do the thing they want it to do :o
Well, Bosley and his fellow ilk don't exactly tell it like it is--they just sell the sizzle--and they haven't got the steak to go with it. 

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 06:54:05 AM »
Who is Bosley? Tom Bosley?

And dont mention steak!!! :D

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 07:05:33 AM »

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 07:06:45 AM »
Oh :) I thought you meant Tom Bosley (Happy Days / Beauty and the Beast). He was the only Bosley I could think of with follicular challenges! :D

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 09:01:41 AM »
One quick way to have had an unhappy wedding would to  show up bald at the wedding. These things are a surprize and if you wish to surprize a bride, do so by having larger stones in the ring. Now, what you do on your honeymoon....Also, you don't want your wedding pictures to look like you looked once and then only briefly.

Transplants are a waste of your money. If you're contemplating going Sly, do so and then consider the transplant. I'm aware of the informercials that practically guarantee you'll have more hair than Samson after they've worked their magic. The truth is otherwise. Remember that  hair that is used to reforest the bald spots are donated from hair that you have left on your head. There's a finite number of them. It's possible to end up with a full head of hair on top of your head but a bald area that goes from ear to ear on the back.

Congratulations! on your wedding and we wait to welcome you t the clan of the bald.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 09:08:08 AM »
And dont mention steak!!! :D

You don't eat that either? :/O 

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 09:10:55 AM »
Yeah but I cant get it here, remember? Or rather, I can, but its like donkey leather

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 09:20:18 AM »
Yeah but I cant get it here, remember? Or rather, I can, but its like donkey leather
Oh yeah--and you mentioned my most hated steakhouse, Ruth's Chris.  It had a long history with New Orleans, but Ruth Fertel, the "Ruth" in the name (she bought Chris' Steakhouse with a divorce settlement, but that's a whole story in itself) was dead, they had the bean counters in charge and moved the headquarters out of New Orleans immediately after Katrina.  For that callous and heartless abandonment, as well as the general decline in the once idiosyncratic character of the place--i.e. real onion rings made on premises with a homemade batter, etc.--lots of us in NO won't go there anymore, no matter where. 

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 09:35:36 AM »
Oh yeah--and you mentioned my most hated steakhouse, Ruth's Chris.  It had a long history with New Orleans, but Ruth Fertel, the "Ruth" in the name (she bought Chris' Steakhouse with a divorce settlement, but that's a whole story in itself) was dead, they had the bean counters in charge and moved the headquarters out of New Orleans immediately after Katrina.  For that callous and heartless abandonment, as well as the general decline in the once idiosyncratic character of the place--i.e. real onion rings made on premises with a homemade batter, etc.--lots of us in NO won't go there anymore, no matter where. 

Big guy, I promise you one thing. If you lived in England, and if you loved filet mignon, and if you happened to be in America on a flying visit, you'd go ANYWHERE for it, even Ruth's Chris :) I'm not overly keen on RC either. Overpriced and lower quality than you can get elsewhere. However, if I landed at JFK or Miami or wherever, and there was an RC in baggage reclaim, you can be sure I'd be placing my order before picking up my bags :D

I'll be having salad for my dinner tonight. Mmm. Cant wait. :(

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 09:43:25 AM »
Big guy, I promise you one thing. If you lived in England, and if you loved filet mignon, and if you happened to be in America on a flying visit, you'd go ANYWHERE for it, even Ruth's Chris :) I'm not overly keen on RC either. Overpriced and lower quality than you can get elsewhere. However, if I landed at JFK or Miami or wherever, and there was an RC in baggage reclaim, you can be sure I'd be placing my order before picking up my bags :D
NOT ON YOUR LIFE :x! :x! :x! :x! :x!--I'd go vegan if RC was the only place to get meat on the planet--they knifed us in the back, they lost the "soul." they have no faith with good food, service or wine, just faith that people will be dumb enough to give them money.  You can't conceive of having that bunch kicking your City when it's down--and they still try to market their NO connection.  They suck.  If you want I'll tell you how I really feel about those ba$tards.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 09:45:20 AM by saintc »

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 09:45:19 AM »
:(

Sorry

Offline Rajpoot

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2011, 07:14:56 AM »
Thanks guys for all your sincere suggestions and comments...Ok so now I have decided to first have almost shaved head and then a fully shaved head after my wedding...

I'll surely keep you guys updated...

thanks once again ... this forum totally rocks ... I'm glad I've found this forum  :@`

keep up the good work guys...

Regards,

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2011, 10:05:00 AM »
I'm glad you're not talking about transplants anymore  O0 O0
I agree with  a prior comment saying that you can always let it grow again....but chances are you won't
When you shave completely bald for the first time you will probably notice a more pale skin where you had hair....let it tan naturally, it will take only a few days, apply sunscreen and avoid exposure to sun as much as you can

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2011, 10:10:24 PM »
I agree. Clipper it down first and go from there when You are ready. I think that You will look good sly. IF you don't like the look, you can grow it back.

Good luck with yuor decision.

Welcome to Sly Bald Guys.

Enter your email address: