Author Topic: What made you STAY bald?  (Read 6745 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
What made you STAY bald?
« on: October 20, 2021, 03:27:04 PM »
We posted alot of what made you go bald, so what made you decide to keep shaving your head?

When I first shaved my head, it,was intended to be only one time to see what it was like. By the end of the first day, my (then) honey told me she loved my bald head and thought I should keep it! After a couple days, I posted a photo on Facebook, and got nearly all positive comments. So I kept it shaved for a few months. Then I got tired of shaving, and attempted to grow my hair back several times. After a week or two, I would miss the smooth shaved head, and shave it all again!

That was eight years ago, and I only try growing it back once or twice a year. I think I made it 7 or 8 weeks one time. So, why do I always go back to bald? Well, I don't like how I look with the short white hair. I think it makes me look older. I also miss the daily shaving routine, and a super smooth head. The hardest think is seeing other guys with a sharp looking shaved head, I get what I refer to as bald envy. I only feel well groomed with a sly head. What's your story?

Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: What made you STAY bald?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 09:41:39 PM »
1.  I like the look and feel .
2.  I find it the easiest way to maintain some form of hair cut . Every one two or three days ,depending on time of year. Much easier than a buzz cut every two or three weeks. Clean up after a buzz cut is time consuming.
3.  I use the Dollar Tree 5 for a buck disposable razors 10 shaves a razor . My cost next to nothing.
4.  Shave my head in ten minutes  before a shower , very little time needed to shave.
5.  In winter I use the Skull Shaver it takes all of three minutes.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 05:19:55 AM »
It keeps me looking neat and clean.  Besides that, it's fun to shave!  Everybody seems to like my look and I don't have to worry about bad haircuts or getting debris in my hair anymore. 

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 06:31:51 AM »
I was always intrigued by the shave head look.  The smooth feel and the look in the mirror motivate me to keep it that way.

Some people say I look more intimidating with a shaved head and beard, and I kind of like that as well.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 12:15:10 PM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 07:36:51 AM »
I shaved my head for the first time about five years ago, staying bald off and on for the next three years.  I’ve pretty much kept myself bald for the past two years.   Whenever I’d let my hair grow back, I would constantly want to shave it again.   I guess it’s an OCD thing.  I like the feel of a freshly shaven head and the look as well.  I’m committed to staying bald for life.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 08:25:29 AM »
@chuck63 , I think you're absolutely right. I must be OCD or some kind of addicted to shaving. Even if I want to grow my hair, I have to go back to the smooth head! I guess we could have a worse compulsion.

It's not that I feel dirty without shaving, but there is no better clean feeling after a BBS headshave!

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 09:41:44 AM »
You’re right, reddog. If it didn’t irritate my skin I’d probably shave twice a day.  A smooth scalp feels a lot better than that sandpaper feeling after a day’s growth.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 10:58:06 AM »
Right, @chuck63 , many nights I go to bed and think I'm not going anywhere tomorrow so I really don't need to shave. Of course the next morning I can't wait to get in the shower and shave it smooth!

I just went to my local Menards home store, and I noticed about 1/3 of the guys over 50 were proudly sporting great looking shaved heads. I think many of the guys that shaved their heads when the barbershops were closed, decided to keep it smooth. I got a couple bald brother head nods.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 08:06:02 PM »
I keep it shaved because i love the feeling of a smooth dome.  I also shave out of habit. I get in the shower and shave. It’s my morning routine and if I skip a day I’m ok with it (sort of LOL), but if I skip two days…..i gotta break out the razor. I really don’t like my silver, grey stubble. It looks messy.

I also keep it shaved because it’s who I am now. A bald guy. It was a brave act to first shave my head. And in a way braver to keep it shaved. My bald head is in a way of badge of courage to me and i wear it proudly. So i keep shaving for that. Why turn back?

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2021, 02:12:51 AM »
Common sense, why would you grow it back!!

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2021, 11:50:21 PM »
Not much left to shave... LOL. I keep mine shaved, even with the hair system on.

Offline ANASFIL

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2021, 11:16:04 AM »
There are several reasons I think for my decision
1. I think I look good, I have a nice shaped head, so it doesn't look so awkward.
2. The love of my life likes me this way,  and she is very encouraging.
3. The people that are close to me, seem to accept it.
4. The easiness and the feel of it

I think that those are the most important reasons.

Offline MoonageDaydream

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2021, 01:46:01 PM »
I am committed to baldness because it’s who I am now. I’m a bald man. I’ve had extensive laser removal done for that reason — I don’t intend to ever have hair again, even if someone discovered a “cure” for baldness. I worried about going bald for a long time and once it started, I just skipped straight to the end of the process. I feel so much better and I think I look much better as a bald man. But regardless, it’s part of my identity now. Hair would feel weird.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2021, 04:47:20 AM »
I don't have much of a choice and can't go three days without shaving because of the flaking which I try to get rid of by applying lotion to my scalp but then I feel so dirty.  When I was younger I didn't get this flaking but now I do so the best thing for me to do is to keep it shaven and clean.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2021, 05:57:18 AM »
The feeling of my smooth scalp and that being bald makes me look more masculine and intimidating.