Author Topic: SLY Affirmations (An Individuals Manifesto)  (Read 91647 times)

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
Re: SLY Affirmations (An Individuals Manifesto)
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2013, 01:45:49 PM »
We all on this board !  All of different age's, occupation's, country's , belief's, share " One Thing in Common" !  ;)  O:O and that is loving the shaving of our heads .  And being Happy , with who we are and seeing our brothers and knowing that we share the same freedom and have the choice.  Being Shaved is a statement of who and what we are.   ;) " Our Own Person, and not caring what other's think " !  As we are strong, bold,and confidant in who we are ! O0 8)
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2013, 08:36:02 PM »
Yeah what the old bugga Switchy said  O0

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2013, 08:30:40 PM »
This is a FANTASTIC topic/idea, Vash et. al!

I do an executive version of life-coaching by trade (i.e. helping people find/improve themselves in their careers with all the touchy cootie icky feelies removed ;) ) and I am a big fan of affirmations.

Didn't occur to me to make any about being sly, though (I am notorious for giving great advice and never listening to it myself!)

For me:

• I refuse to let others define who I should be/what I should look like
  • I am confident that I am strong and a good person, which makes me beautiful by definition
  • If it makes me happy, and doesn't hurt you, f off ;)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:33:21 PM by bella »

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2013, 08:44:45 PM »
 ;) How very true! O0  Does anyone matter but the skin we live in ?  And we do have our beloved's but we must be ourselves , and act accordingly with knowledge and wisdom. 
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline guido57

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2013, 07:24:34 PM »
I refuse to be stereotyped, pigeon holed, or viewed by narrowed minded people as less than deserving of respect.  
I will instead go where life takes me, finding pleasure in life's simple wonders, never judging others by their appearance, all the while knowing deep inside my soul that Love is all you truly need.
I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind. I should not be ungrateful to those teachers.
                                                                    ~Kahlil Gibran~

Offline DC

• DC
  • Sly
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2013, 01:28:03 PM »
Excellent post, Vash! Thanks for such timely words.

Me? I refuse to live by someone else's values. Instead, I choose to live by my own core values.
“You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.

Offline Nikki

• Sly Jr.
  • No Hair,Don't Care. I'm Bald and Beautiful!
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2015, 03:16:14 PM »
I refuse to conform to society's oppressive standards of beauty. I will not allow anyone to dictate to me how I should look or conduct myself as a woman.

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2016, 01:16:35 AM »
I'd just like to say how moved and humbled I am that this thread, in particular has stayed alive and relevant to people for 8 years and counting. Your additions are marvelous and enlightening. Thank you.
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Enter your email address: