Author Topic: hair thinning  (Read 7724 times)

Offline FateWillWin

• Sly Guy in Training
hair thinning
« on: November 30, 2006, 05:24:41 PM »
hi guys, im new here ... i wa sjust searching the internet and came across this..

well to cut it short im 18 going on 19.. my father is bald well has hair on the side... u know... and my grandpa is bald... as my name says fate will win..

my hair is already thinning on the top and it is very stressful...  once i start to notice a drastic change.. is there any way u can have ur entire head be universal bald not have hair on the side like my father.. i wouldnt want that

thanks for any help

-depressed @ 18 :(

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: hair thinning
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 05:28:18 PM »
Two words...Shave It
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline FateWillWin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 05:30:27 PM »
how often do you have to shave it?

iu was reading a topic on the sunglasses thing, and i agree people look alot better

i got oakley splices and they are hot.. but yeh im a newb to this bald thing and its pretty sad considering my head use to be full of hair, its just thinning on the top

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 05:35:50 PM »
Hey man, don't be too depressed, almost all of us here have been in your shoes.  You are going to lose your hair in a way that is most likely determined by your DNA.  I recommend perfecting the shaved head look if you wish to sport a chrome dome like all of us.  With the techniques and tools that have been mentioned here, you can get a shaved look that can pretty much hide your male pattern baldness.  The degree at which your pattern will show will depend on your hair color and skin tone.  Though, I think you'll find after reading many of the posts here is that this look helps guys have more confidence versus growing their hair out and displaying that they are balding.  It's this confidence that will help you many times more than having hair will ever help you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 05:37:18 PM »
how often do you have to shave it?

Most of us here shave either every day or every other day depending on what they feel comfortable doing.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline FateWillWin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 05:38:29 PM »
do you shave your head everyday? i wouldnt want the hair line showing just it all to be off. thanks for the support

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 05:41:32 PM »
I shave every other day, but you can see how often other guys shave in this post: http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=54.0

Offline FateWillWin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 05:44:38 PM »
thanks.. i know i sound like a idiot, but what is the exact method on dhaving your head... i know how to use a razor but isnt it tricky likebehind your head... what do you put on it to help make sure it wont hurt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 06:51:56 PM »
Don't worry, you don't sound like an idiot.  This is one of the reasons that I started this site - to help people answer these questions.

Here's a topic on how to shave your head: http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=18.msg21#msg21

Here's a topic on what razor to use: http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=3.0

Here's a topic on what shaving cream to use: http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=63.msg144#msg144

I would answer you myself, but there's many answers to the same question, so you should have a look at what everyone says.

You can also view the other topics here to see if they answer any other questions: http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?board=2.0

If you don't see an answer to one of your questions just create a topic in the relevant section.  Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 09:51:16 PM »
It is time like this you must think of your situation as sport or competition.  In the great words of the marvelous sponsors of an array of athletic talent, “just do it.”
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995