Author Topic: Difference between #1 and #0?  (Read 85557 times)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: Difference between #1 and #0?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 04:52:22 AM »
As a person who varies his number on his buzz cuts from time to time, I must say that the 0 leaves your head feel all sandpaper-y. It's an odd feeling, but it does come close to matching the appearance of a shaved head. The 1 is just a really short buzz cut. I think that you'd be most happy just with a shaved head though. Feels much better than a 0.

I don't know. I think back to the summer that i took off the guard and just buzzed away as short as the clippers would do. It did feel like sandpaper. It was tight and bristly. But I liked it. If for some reason i could not shave, i'd like to go back to the clippers every few days and sport the zero. Almost looks bald and has an ok feel.

Looks like the original poster has never checked back, but good discussion nevertheless.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 05:57:46 AM »
The base problem for "looking" short clipped or hairless has to do with the colour of one's hair. Dark hair against light coloured skin, even quite tanned skin, will show more. I.E. the O crop while clearly very short will still show and reveal where the unwanted spaces are. A shaved head conceals that problem, at least for a bit. In all circumstances there's up keep. Unless, of course, you want to cover your balding spots with excess hair....

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 09:55:32 AM »
Welcome to SBG. Givethe razor atry. It will grow back in a few days if you don't like the look. Good luck.

Offline Todo Duro

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 01:19:45 PM »
Agree with most replies, with a #1 you can definitely see the stubble, not so much with a #0. And while there's little visual difference between a 0 and a shave, the subjective feelings couldn't be more different. For my part, I actually quite like the velcro/sandpaper feel so I'd call it a win/win situation :)
.: you must laugh and sing if you want to conquer the world :.

Offline bbcguytom

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 03:07:04 PM »
If you like a 'sandpaper' feel & still want to show the least hair-growth, go for a '0'; if you want a smooth feel, just shave it. Or, try both & see what you like more..at this point, differences between a '1' & '0' are irrelevant.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2017, 01:59:11 PM »
Hi guys! I'm new here but not to the bald look. Mother Nature and genetics took my hair at 25 and I'm 60 :D. I tried the longer look and I looked like a scarecrow. I've been shaving or using the #1 or #0 look for a good 25 years and would never think of having my "cul-de-sac" even an inch long. My advise is to experiment like the rest of the guys wrote, find a length to your liking and stick with it.
  very wise. well said.

Enter your email address: