Author Topic: Finally shaved, just hit day 4!  (Read 2890 times)

Offline chris7789

• Learning the way of Sly
Finally shaved, just hit day 4!
« on: August 16, 2019, 08:15:39 AM »
I have been going bald since I was around 16. For a few years my hair was mostly fine but over the past year it has rapidly been receding and thinning. Now at 21, I have decided to take the plunge. I have recently started a new job while in college and working with the public while going bald has made me realize that a lot of people let their hair go too far. Additionally, I got off work the other day, took off my hat and realized the front of my hair was basically gone. The next morning, I buzzed off all my hair, and went straight for a shave. It took a while but I got it somewhat okay. Today, I shaved my head for the 4th time and got a pretty even and smooth shave. It’s still a little shocking, but I’m glad I finally did it after holding on to what was left of my hair.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Finally shaved, just hit day 4!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 09:22:09 AM »
It looks good.  Sorry you had to go through this at such a young age.
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 09:44:18 AM »
Actually, you look really good, Chris. Congratulations on taking the step so many people reluctant to do. Luckily for all of us, we are living in a time where sporting a shaved head is a common style. You have a great shaped head, so enjoy being a baldie, welcome to the club!

Try to keep shaving for 30 days to get used to it. After 2 or 3 months you will probably find it hard to go back to having any hair.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline dannytiger

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 09:56:59 AM »
It looks great, Chris. Kudos for taking the plunge so early in life. You'll surely grow to love your new, bald look. I know I did. Congrats!  O:O

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 12:42:11 PM »
Welcome Chris , Good for you on shaving. After a short while it will seem more natural, and the shaving process will be faster and easier for you. Hang in there.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 01:52:22 PM »
Looks great, congratulations!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 05:17:33 PM »
Welcome, Chris! Looks great!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline leibows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 07:26:24 AM »
Chris-LOOKING GOOD! You made the right decision.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2019, 10:59:12 PM »
I have been going bald since I was around 16. For a few years my hair was mostly fine but over the past year it has rapidly been receding and thinning. Now at 21, I have decided to take the plunge. I have recently started a new job while in college and working with the public while going bald has made me realize that a lot of people let their hair go too far. Additionally, I got off work the other day, took off my hat and realized the front of my hair was basically gone. The next morning, I buzzed off all my hair, and went straight for a shave. It took a while but I got it somewhat okay. Today, I shaved my head for the 4th time and got a pretty even and smooth shave. It’s still a little shocking, but I’m glad I finally did it after holding on to what was left of my hair.

nice job man. your story/age tracked me. shaving it bald was the best move I ever made. It was like unloaded a bunch of weights off my back. wear it well and cheers.

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2019, 01:15:44 PM »
It looks good. Never having seen a picture of you with hair, I have no expectations of what you "should look like".  This is the thing that causes our friends and family frustration when they see us after we shave...they are used to seeing us with hair and are surprised, and may say something stupid.  But the people who never knew you when you had hair, and were balding, will only see the new you, which looks great.