Author Topic: baldness messing with my head  (Read 10147 times)

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
Re: baldness messing with my head
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 02:01:23 PM »
Cheers Pigpen its great to be able to just discuss this with somebody instead of keeping it to myself.

I know that people are much more than the hair they have (or lack of it) on their head & have ready many posts about the confidence issue,if you appear & look confident you will be.

Feeling better already & nice to know i can come here to talk about other issues in the future.

PS-Great to see a ladies point of view on the site,go Magma Babe

Yay!! thanks Bill   :-* Go me, GO!!!
Bienvenue, again!
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 03:08:42 PM »
Hi Bungalow Bill

Fellow Brit here from just across the tops in Holmfirth, West Yorks.

To be honest I am at very much the same stage as you and go through huge feelings of actually this aint too bad and then the next thing i think mine is so much worse than other people!!

I went for a long time avoiding looking in mirrors and avoiding cameras.  I astill do sometimes but nowhere near as much as i used to.  I personally dont think baldness suits me, but that said I have never had anyone say anything bad apart from my brother who can be a bit of a tosser anyway and is misguided in his thoughts that it descends through your mums side of the family (he has a different mum and our dad is bald as a coot).

This Site has helped me hugely so hang around, enjoy the ride and the support that this great group of guys provide.  Another member of the UK subdivision perhaps lol we are going to need our own convention soon!!
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 04:17:59 PM »
I shaved my head over 6 years ago but still have major issues with it & suffer from what i can only describe as yo-yo shaving.

Yo-yo shaving is the equivilant of going back to your ex girlfriend after you break up. You know its wrong and it will never work, but its familiar and lets you feel good for a little bit. Then you remember why you broke up in the first place............OH YEAH.

My advise with you is just stick to your guns and stay sly!

Dr. Noner

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 05:27:56 PM »
I shaved my head over 6 years ago but still have major issues with it & suffer from what i can only describe as yo-yo shaving.

Yo-yo shaving is the equivilant of going back to your ex girlfriend after you break up. You know its wrong and it will never work, but its familiar and lets you feel good for a little bit. Then you remember why you broke up in the first place............OH YEAH.

Dr. Noner

Hey, Doc.....

Are you sure you didn't study Philosophy?

That's beautiful, man.

Offline bungalow bill

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2007, 02:05:40 AM »
Hey Thanks for that Noner,how much do you charge per hour?

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2007, 07:22:01 AM »

Dr. Noner

There is a lot of wisdom under that slick noggin
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!