Author Topic: Who said that BBC was going out of style?  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Who said that BBC was going out of style?
« on: November 03, 2018, 09:45:34 PM »
So I am basically very lazy.  I hate to shave.  And since there is an ethnic Romanian barber shop in the city that is kind of a haircut factory ($7 for regular haircuts) and has 18 barbers from Romania, I usually go in on Friday night for a full head and face shave.

These Romanian guys are wizards with razors.  My guy shaves both my head and my face, BOTH WITH THE GRAIN AND THEN A SECOND SHAVE AGAINST THE GRAIN for $17.  And he uses water and his fingers for the against the grain shave to ensure that my scalp is perfectly smooth.

Winter has arrived in Chicago so you wouldn't think that anyone with a full head of hair would choose now to go BBC.  But last night I was in the shop and at the same time that I was there, there were three other guys  going BBC !   And they all wore a great big grin when they were finished!

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
Re: Who said that BBC was going out of style?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 04:58:59 AM »
Great! More bald brothers!

Love when guys with all his hair give it a try.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 06:00:25 AM »
I hope those guys have some warm hats! Cold here in Minnesota too, so I'm making another attempt at growing my hair again. After 13 days, I'm hating how it looks and feels, and the urge to shave is back. Everytime I see a sly guy, I have bald head envy!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 03:43:20 PM »
I hope those guys have some warm hats! Cold here in Minnesota too, so I'm making another attempt at growing my hair again. After 13 days, I'm hating how it looks and feels, and the urge to shave is back. Everytime I see a sly guy, I have bald head envy!

Move on down south @reddog and enjoy sly year-round!
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 11:37:07 AM »
Haha, slybeard, I moved to Florida about 10 years ago. Stayed for 4 years, but it was just too hot for me. Of course that was when I had long beach bum hair. Maybe I should have tried a shaved head there.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 11:45:16 AM »
Maybe your retirement plan could be to spend 6 months of your winter in Florida.  :)
SlyBeard

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 12:32:56 AM »
Where is Chicago Romanian shop ? I love barber headshaves.