Author Topic: Shaving Cream or Gel?  (Read 316243 times)

Offline Acmboarder

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Reply #555 on: November 20, 2017, 04:55:36 PM »
@Tyler you can’t even smell it....

Offline kaberaglobal78

« Reply #556 on: July 25, 2018, 05:14:00 AM »
Nice content published. I think Shaving cream or gel is the best solution for beard and unique hairstyles. Thank you for sharing.

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #557 on: August 02, 2018, 08:21:51 PM »
I've been using Gillette canned cream with the Mach 3 for over 8 yrs. Don't like the shaving gels in the can as the consistency and texture just doesn't feel right.

With the DE razor, I use Proraso Red shaving cream (haven't yet graduated to a puck of soap, bowl and brush). The Proraso cream is very good and a little goes a long way. Stays slick with a little bit of water added every now and then. The razor does gunk up very quickly though but I'm not sure if that's because of the cream or something else.

Offline HANDSHAVED

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #558 on: July 09, 2019, 10:15:01 PM »
Is HeadBlade's "SLICK" cream really good??? What's the positive aspects of it specifically?
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” (Viktor Frankl, Holocaust Survivor)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #559 on: July 12, 2019, 06:02:22 PM »
Is 's "SLICK" cream really good??? What's the positive aspects of it specifically?

Like the name says, it's really slick so the blade glides across the head really easily. It also doesn't clog the blades like thicker creams.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline HANDSHAVED

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #560 on: July 12, 2019, 06:06:28 PM »
Is 's "SLICK" cream really good??? What's the positive aspects of it specifically?

Like the name says, it's really slick so the blade glides across the head really easily. It also doesn't clog the blades like thicker creams.
Cool. Just ordered some so we shall experience it soon. Thank you!
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” (Viktor Frankl, Holocaust Survivor)

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #561 on: July 12, 2019, 07:24:01 PM »
As Tyler said it’s very slick and only a small amount is needed. Don’t over apply the product.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #562 on: August 11, 2019, 03:01:02 PM »
I don't think you can go wrong either way in the matter of gel or cream. Ultimately, I think the prep is just as imperative if not more than the actual shave.

With that being said, I'm a big fan of Jack Black supreme cream, the Grooming Lounge beard destroyer and Billy Jealousy hydroplane. For gel it's gotta be Baxter of CA.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 03:32:51 PM by RyanJP »

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #563 on: September 12, 2019, 09:46:19 AM »
I use gel generally. Or sometimes have a dry shave believe it or not. Sometimes I use 2-3 drops of "Total Shave Solution" which does a great job of minimising any burn.

Offline leibows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #564 on: September 13, 2019, 07:28:41 AM »
I have been using Gillette Fusion 5 Gel with my Mach 3 razor and get a nice smooth/clean result.

Offline Baldjaume

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #565 on: March 20, 2020, 02:52:16 AM »
Shaving Cream and brush.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #566 on: March 20, 2020, 11:05:58 PM »
first 3 to 5 drops of either shave secret or some other quality shave oil and then Gillette foamy on top of that.  I haven’t found a gel that I like it all as much as a cream

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #567 on: March 24, 2020, 03:20:45 PM »
first 3 to 5 drops of either shave secret or some other quality shave oil and then  foamy on top of that.

I also apply shaving oil first and then I use Aveeno shaving gel. The shaving oil helps to reduce razor burn and irritation.

Offline krystleross

• Gentleman's Thought
« Reply #568 on: April 30, 2020, 05:33:17 PM »
Before choosing Shaving Cream, gel or foam, it is important to know your skin types. Let’s Know Your Skin Type First, whether you have a Dry, Oily, or Combination – sensitive type skin. It is eternally essential to choose a shaving cream based on the type of your skin. Some main facts to focus through skin type, they are –

https://gentlemansthought.com/10-best-mens-shaving-creams-gels-and-foams/

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #569 on: September 08, 2020, 04:01:42 AM »
I've used Headslick and it was the best I've experienced but now I don't have any on hand so I just lather up Ivory soap with a brush and that works for me.