Author Topic: what you think about scalp micro pigmentation ?  (Read 17934 times)

Offline dlab

• Sly Guy in Training
what you think about scalp micro pigmentation ?
« on: July 17, 2014, 03:06:29 AM »

I am thinking about getting this done.. it looks great on this guy imo.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 03:35:10 AM by dlab »

Offline philp

• Sly
    • Young Hair Loss
Re: what you think about scalp micro pigmentation ?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 07:29:55 AM »
I think it's silly. You are tattooing stubble on to your scalp basically. What happens when your girl touches that?

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 08:15:34 AM »
BOGUS!  Just another scam to bilk bald guys outta their money.  >:(

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline ksshane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 08:24:28 AM »
Not for me, but I guess I could understand why someone might want that.

However... Even if I was interested this isnt something I would be a part of in the first year or even five years of it coming out.   The reason being is it is a tattoo, and tattoos tend to blur a little over time... Especially tattoos that are exposed to direct sunlight (granted there are some good care products for tattoos these days).
I would be curious as to how it looks after a few years.

Another issue would be... as you get older maybe you decide you're comfortable or just curious as to how you would look if you let your hair grow back out... Now you have all these little dots in places your hair wont grow....lol     I know he said its reversable, but that means laser treatments.... again.. not anything I would be interested in.

Now if we are all just going to meet up and get new tattoos of our choosing... Sign me up...lol

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 08:37:42 AM »
Even if you are pleased with the result ... as a hairline continues to recede there will be constant updating required to "close the gap."
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline ksshane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 08:40:51 AM »
BOGUS!  Just another scam to bilk bald guys outta their money.  >:(

Red

That was my initial thought as well   O:O

Offline dlab

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 09:37:34 AM »
Even if you are pleased with the result ... as a hairline continues to recede there will be constant updating required to "close the gap."

It's not bogus nor a scam.. Its probably the best solution out there now for MPB...

It's done into your existing hair so it blends seamlessly and to cover any future hair loss.. Its not just done on bald areas.. its the entire top of your head about an inch into your existing hair that normally wont fall out anymore at that point...

A clean shaven head has no stubble feel. That's not even an issue either way. If it looks great , who cares if "she" or whoever knows?

They also do this to cover up strip scars from hair transplants that failed.... I am sure it has saved many guys a ton of grief. Can you imagine walking around with a strip scar in the back of your head?

http://cdn.hishairclinic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/scar.jpg

And yes.. it will fade some over time but it takes many years for that to happen, 5+ years or even longer, and going in for a touch up every several years is no big deal..  Real hair has upkeep too.. it needs to be cut constantly.

if you don't want it anymore..  just let it fade away naturally eventually.

I see no negatives to this from what I've researched. But I'd still probably have to see it in person.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:53:48 AM by dlab »

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 11:19:52 AM »
If it's done to cover scars, I could understand. But as with anything in life, there are risks. If you decide to go this route, I wish you well.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 12:04:41 PM »
Dont even bother with it! It is all false!

What happens when your natural hair turns grey?

Please, dont bother. Shave head and be happy.

All the best

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 12:48:27 PM »
I don't believe that this method will have good long term results.  It seems like tattoos will "bleed" over time and blur and the lines become less distinct.  That is fine on many art/like tattoos, and on some... not so great. 

If we are talking about a series of small dots, I would imagine they would appear to blur together (possibly even appear greenish)... and then how fake will that look? 

I will admit that this video that "dlab" is promoting on all of these recent posts is one of the better looking results I've seen,  but usually they look too fake from the start... and I think it would only go downhill from there. 

I'm also a little skeptical of someone who is new to the forum and starts right out of the gate promoting an agenda rather than getting to know the people first.  We've seen it before.

Offline invaray

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 07:28:45 PM »
I think it is beyond stupid.

There is nothing wrong with having a bald head. It is not a condition that needs to be treated. Putting ink dots under your scalp is not hair, it is ink dots.

A  sharp razor is a nice solution to removing the remaining hair, no need to dot up the rest.

When you get older like me and your hair is white you have a white shadow no dots. If I had this done when I was younger I would have all these dark dots on my head.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 04:04:27 AM by invaray »
shine and share

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 10:47:37 PM »
Guys I had to chime in  here. As seen  in my avatar pic I had my entire head done over a year ago with this technique from HIS Hair. NOW why I did is to cover up very extensive SCARRING from foolish hair transplants when I was very young and insecure. I love shaving my head and being smooth bald now that I don't have to explain ugly discolored scars & skin all over the back/sides of my head. Had I NOT had any transplants I would not feel the need to do this technique today.
 The ink is pure black so cant change into a primary color years later and not as deep as a regular tattoo. Yes it does fade a bit but that's not an issue. I have met many guys who have done this and they all look good except for the ones that do it too low into their forehead. No one can tell. I have had barbers do head shaves and they cant tell. There is no surface mark to feel, just smooth skin. It truly does mimic a shaved shadow effect. I do not ADVOCATE  this any more than I would encourage a transplant. BUT I had to do something about the scarring and this has totally solved that problem so I can shave my head confidently. The transplants were thin anyway and useless. This technique is also used on burns and surgery scars so it is useful for many and does appear completely natural when done CORRECTLY.  But if I were one that had nice flawless unscarred skin I would shave and be happy without this but I had no choice.

Please guys NEVER get sold on any type of transplant even the new so called "scarless" types. It still leaves gaps from where they took the hair on the back. Then you have thin, balding on the  back of your head even if the top is full. But this hair tattoo technique will help anyone with a hair transplant scar conceal it to about 90%.

Offline dlab

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 09:29:11 AM »
Putting ink dots under your scalp is not hair, it is ink dots.

it's the illusion of a full head of shaven hair.. which looks better than a shaven head of balding hair because you have a hair line and no skin showing where hair has stopped growing. It's all uniform.

Your natural hair turning grey is a non issue. A shaven head is already grey to begin with. There is no noticeable color after a clean razor shave no matter what your hair color is.. its just a grey shadow.

The ink used is not the same kind of ink used in traditional tattoos so it does not turn colors.
The needles are also not the same as traditional tattoo needles. They are much smaller and finer and the heads are made to resemble a hair follicle shape.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 09:34:20 AM by dlab »

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 11:21:47 AM »
Putting ink dots under your scalp is not hair, it is ink dots.

it's the illusion of a full head of shaven hair.. which looks better than a shaven head of balding hair because you have a hair line and no skin showing where hair has stopped growing. It's all uniform.

Your natural hair turning grey is a non issue. A shaven head is already grey to begin with. There is no noticeable color after a clean razor shave no matter what your hair color is.. its just a grey shadow.

The ink used is not the same kind of ink used in traditional tattoos so it does not turn colors.
The needles are also not the same as traditional tattoo needles. They are much smaller and finer and the heads are made to resemble a hair follicle shape.

I have to disagree slightly as someone who has real thick dark hair and then shaves it off is going to have a dark 'shadow'.

chgo's explanation makes sense to me and seems like the only way one would have it done.

Offline dlab

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2014, 12:08:30 PM »
can you post picture of your head to see how it came out?

Guys I had to chime in  here. As seen  in my avatar pic I had my entire head done over a year ago with this technique from HIS Hair. NOW why I did is to cover up very extensive SCARRING from foolish hair transplants when I was very young and insecure. I love shaving my head and being smooth bald now that I don't have to explain ugly discolored scars & skin all over the back/sides of my head. Had I NOT had any transplants I would not feel the need to do this technique today.
 The ink is pure black so cant change into a primary color years later and not as deep as a regular tattoo. Yes it does fade a bit but that's not an issue. I have met many guys who have done this and they all look good except for the ones that do it too low into their forehead. No one can tell. I have had barbers do head shaves and they cant tell. There is no surface mark to feel, just smooth skin. It truly does mimic a shaved shadow effect. I do not ADVOCATE  this any more than I would encourage a transplant. BUT I had to do something about the scarring and this has totally solved that problem so I can shave my head confidently. The transplants were thin anyway and useless. This technique is also used on burns and surgery scars so it is useful for many and does appear completely natural when done CORRECTLY.  But if I were one that had nice flawless unscarred skin I would shave and be happy without this but I had no choice.

Please guys NEVER get sold on any type of transplant even the new so called "scarless" types. It still leaves gaps from where they took the hair on the back. Then you have thin, balding on the  back of your head even if the top is full. But this hair tattoo technique will help anyone with a hair transplant scar conceal it to about 90%.

Enter your email address: