Author Topic: 22 years old afraid of head shape  (Read 5530 times)

Offline soonbald

• Learning the way of Sly
22 years old afraid of head shape
« on: March 07, 2018, 09:14:55 AM »
I'm just 22 years old, balding since 18. At first it was just receding hairline and I hoped it will finish on NW2 as no one in my family, on both sides has ever been bald(My 86y old grandfather still got haircut like Elvis Preslay, grey, but still no hair losses), but unfortunately it was keep progressing and with the end of last year I noticed that now I'm losing hairs on entire top. The only thing that still saves me is keeping them really long but I can forget about swimming etc. I'm just extremely afraid that I will look really weird with bald head because of its shape. Each day I'm just looking on it in mirror imaging how bad is it going to look like. And it's like I'm jumping from thinking that its gonna look decent to thinking that I will be just weird and very bad looking. I know there is lot's of such questions here but can I get any honest opinions about my head shape? For now I'm just trying to eat as healthy as possible, took some natural treatment for my hair but I doubt it will do anything more then just getting a few extra months for me and so I'm between going on Fin(which I really do not want because of possible side effects and taking it for years) and just accepting what's happening on my head and going bald.

First Two pictures show me a year ago when I was more fit, and last two are the most current after long break from gym. Anyway I'm getting back to trainings so I hope I'm gonna get more muscles and make it at least a little better.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 09:19:41 AM by soonbald »

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
Re: 22 years old afraid of head shape
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 09:54:40 AM »
I think your headshape looks fine. Hair loss can be stressful and you get angry about why it's happening at a young age. I remember graduating college and on my first job my hairline started to recede!

I think you should try a shorter haircut or a buzzcut. A shorter cut being something like a skin fade with about 1/2 inch to an inch on top. Sort of like an Ivy League haircut. Buzzcuts can be a #3 or #2 on top for starters with skin faded sides. After that, you can work your way shorter. Shorter sides will give your head more proportion rather than going with the same buzz length all over and it will look cleaner and more expertly done.  I don't think you necessarily have to pull out the clippers and shave it all off.  Try a shorter cut first to get use to the look.

I think taking medication everyday is crazy. You are talking about 60 or more years everyday. Eventually all medications lose their effectiveness.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 09:57:41 AM »
Sorry about your hair loss at a young age.  But, you should not be too concerned about your head shape.  I do not see an issue.  Also, over 90% of the guys the post here considering a head shave are concerned about their head shape, and it has never, to my knowledge, actually turned out to be an issue after they shaved.  If you do decide to shave, keep the facial hair.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 11:01:27 AM »
 I think your concerns about the shape of your head are just silly.  everybody thinks that they have a strangely shapd head when the reality is that very, very few people have a badly shaped head!

and I hate to be the one to break it to you but  the ultimate reality is that you’re not the center of the universe.  People just aren’t staring at your head.  No one will be assessing the shape of your head and holding up scorecards, (Ha ha).   conversely on the rare occasion that someone is checking you out taking in your overall look, your receding hairline does stand out!

You’re handsome young man with a really nice  face.  Inthink that if you shave your head and get rid of “distraction”, your overall look will really improve.

and as soon as you look you’ll begin to feel better and gain confidence and there’s nothing more attractive than a healthy confident young guy!

Please, please, please do not do drugs.  you can screw yourself up you can make yourself images and it can be irreversible!  Take this invite is for somebody with a whacked out  endocrine system and who has to live with daily injections just trying to keep himself on an even keel.   you don’t want to live the way I hav to live unless you have to.  Please don’t play with drugs you don’t need to  please don’t play drugs you don’t need to look in the picture take -  especially drugs tha can affect/rob you of your manhood!

Offline soonbald

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 12:01:37 PM »
I think your concerns about the shape of your head are just silly.  everybody thinks that they have a strangely shapd head when the reality is that very, very few people have a badly shaped head!

and I hate to be the one to break it to you but  the ultimate reality is that you’re not the center of the universe.  People just aren’t staring at your head.  No one will be assessing the shape of your head and holding up scorecards, (Ha ha).   conversely on the rare occasion that someone is checking you out taking in your overall look, your receding hairline does stand out!

You’re handsome young man with a really nice  face.  Inthink that if you shave your head and get rid of “distraction”, your overall look will really improve.

and as soon as you look you’ll begin to feel better and gain confidence and there’s nothing more attractive than a healthy confident young guy!

Please, please, please do not do drugs.  you can screw yourself up you can make yourself images and it can be irreversible!  Take this invite is for somebody with a whacked out  endocrine system and who has to live with daily injections just trying to keep himself on an even keel.   you don’t want to live the way I hav to live unless you have to.  Please don’t play with drugs you don’t need to  please don’t play drugs you don’t need to look in the picture take -  especially drugs tha can affect/rob you of your manhood!

On some point I agree with You Semi-Sly about confidence. In my high school there was a girl, I liked her but she didn't seem attractive at least until I haven't seen her once, really self-confident speaking in so natural, full of positive emotions way. From that time if she wouldn't be already in serious relationship I would take my chance for sure! :) 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 06:13:36 PM by soonbald »

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 10:44:21 AM »
First of all, it's just a haircut. After a short period of time, it will just be your normal look.

I would recommend you purchase a clipper set, and cut your hair to a number 2. You can cut it once or twice a week, and always look perfectly groomed with no bad hair days. Later, if you want to try a headshave, it won't be a drastic change. If you don't like it, it will grow back in a couple weeks.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Ozz2012

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 04:14:22 PM »
Your head looks alright....nothing bizarre....I would say give it a try...but maybe start with a buzz cut first, to let yourself get used to it.

After having long hair pretty much my entire adult life, On impulse I did it...but started with a very short cut....and pretty much every day I wondered "Gee, what if I go down one more number on the clippers"...and probably within a week or two I had shaved it clean....your natural curiosity will bring you there...I promise :)

Now I go back and forth between the length you see on my profile, to completely shaved (I just got finished shaving a short while ago)

As others have said...most people aren't really going to care....strangers will only know you as sly....your family and friends may or may not razz you, give less than stellar opinions....but they get used to it, and it'll stop.

So...I'd say do it, if you haven't already.

Offline soonbald

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 06:28:27 PM »
For now it's really short sides and back(like 1mm) and much longer top. But I'm getting more and more curious about going completely bald. Like every day I just wonder what if I would just shave it and don't care.
I Guess it will look something like that:

If it is going to look like that I think I can accept it. For sure it is not my best look like the one i had will full head of hair but still it is not so terrible. Anyway thank You all for answers.

Offline UVALee

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 08:03:25 PM »
Keep the beard and shave the rest of it off. Will be an excellent look for you.  You should have no worries about going bald. Very handsome!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 10:07:43 PM »
@soonbald I think you'll enjoy the look. Give it a go.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.