Author Topic: How not to goop? Encouragement to stay bald...  (Read 5507 times)

Offline moose

• Learning the way of Sly
How not to goop? Encouragement to stay bald...
« on: February 23, 2018, 08:45:58 PM »
Female here.  Shaved/bald by choice.  A few weeks ago, I finally went from buzzcut to bald. Perhaps once you shave for awhile, you don't need to moisturize so much but in the beginning you do.  I really really didn't like that the second my head hit the headrest, etc., I'd leave a grease spot... yuck.  This also made me suddenly feel that being bald wasn't quite as sanitary.  (Yes, help me, I realize this is likely not the case!)  I was bald for over a week and have since grown back out to about a #1.  Just the other day, a very very conservative older male friend of mine mentioned that he actually thought my bald head looked better than buzzed (wow! yay!)... My face and scalp are naturally oily... do you always use moisturizer? I see myself needing SPF daily for sure as I live in a super sunny place.  Do you notice or even think about it --- oils etc when your head touches pretty much anything in a public place? I wanted to give my bald head more of a go before tossing in the towel so I probably should've asked about this earlier but I'm re-inspired to not just do a #0 but to shave again.  Thanks for any advice.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: How not to goop? Encouragement to stay bald...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 06:42:35 AM »
Hi moose, I live in a very dry Minnesota winter climate, and I only moisturize maybe once a week. Everybody's skin is different though. Try to find a non greasy product, and I exfoliate twice a week with a sugar scrub.

After shaving, a cold water rinse and an application of witch hazel gives my head a great shine.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 11:44:30 AM »
My head is naturally oil , so I generally avoid any moisturizer, except a little in the winter. Summer I wear a hat for sun protection most here use some form of SPF on their head.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 02:06:53 PM »
I go through phases of dry skin and oily skin. During oily skin days I make sure I have some wipes with me from either HeadBlade or Bee Bald.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 12:27:46 PM »
Female here.  Shaved/bald by choice.  A few weeks ago, I finally went from buzzcut to bald. Perhaps once you shave for awhile, you don't need to moisturize so much but in the beginning you do.  I really really didn't like that the second my head hit the headrest, etc., I'd leave a grease spot... yuck.  This also made me suddenly feel that being bald wasn't quite as sanitary.  (Yes, help me, I realize this is likely not the case!)  I was bald for over a week and have since grown back out to about a #1.  Just the other day, a very very conservative older male friend of mine mentioned that he actually thought my bald head looked better than buzzed (wow! yay!)... My face and scalp are naturally oily... do you always use moisturizer? I see myself needing SPF daily for sure as I live in a super sunny place.  Do you notice or even think about it --- oils etc when your head touches pretty much anything in a public place? I wanted to give my bald head more of a go before tossing in the towel so I probably should've asked about this earlier but I'm re-inspired to not just do a #0 but to shave again.  Thanks for any advice.
i think the #0 would be a excellent choice. it just tells me how strong you are. best to whatever you do. when I saw Natalie Portman after she did hers, I fell in love!   :)

Offline Denis Fisher

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 12:45:48 AM »
I like your choice very boldly and decisively. I admire that.

Offline pastorscott

• Learning the way of Sly
  • It is finished
    • Peruzings
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 11:42:06 AM »
I've had the same problem, but I think it has a lot to do with toughening the skin. I now use an aloe based aftersun product from Walmart after shaving. The one with lidocaine. Relieves the irritation and helps the skin heal and toughen up. Gross as it is, I used to have to put a towel on the car's leather headrest so I wouldn't stick to it. But now it's all good and no goop.
If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?  -1John 3:17

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 02:51:36 PM »
i have combination skin,my head is dry and oily,my choice is aveeno in the morning and it works fine.if your skin is oily maybe what you need is a cleanser with moisturiser in it.

Enter your email address: