Author Topic: Advantages to being bald at work  (Read 2060 times)

Offline cmac

• Sly Guy in Training
Advantages to being bald at work
« on: August 15, 2023, 11:46:12 AM »
I have noticed my office has a lot of bald guys. Even my team has another bald guy who i am good buddies with. I have started to wonder what are the advantages to being bald at work. I can think of distinct appearance, in my office I guess not, and I feel people respect guys who are bald more easily as well. Any thoughts on advantages/disadvantages to being bald at work?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Advantages to being bald at work
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 12:21:02 PM »
I didn't shave my head until after I retired, but I can think of some advantages. You always look sharp and well groomed. People will remember you easily because of your distinctive look. You never have to go to work with a bad haircut, you can just show up looking great everyday!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 08:40:12 PM »
It’s definitely a brotherhood among the bald guys at work. At my old job, I was on a team where all the guys were bald except one.  And there were other bald guys in the office. It was fun. We compared notes on where we bought our razors and what we paid because of how expensive men’s razors are. And of course we always encouraged the newbie head shaver.

At my current company, the situation is different. Its amusing how many meetings start off with someone commenting how nice a guys haircut is. And the conversation goes on and on. And I sit there thinking “but your haircut is so boring”.  ;D

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023, 10:48:36 PM »
It’s definitely a brotherhood among the bald guys at work. At my old job, I was on a team where all the guys were bald except one.  And there were other bald guys in the office. It was fun. We compared notes on where we bought our razors and what we paid because of how expensive men’s razors are. And of course we always encouraged the newbie head shaver.

At my current company, the situation is different. Its amusing how many meetings start off with someone commenting how nice a guys haircut is. And the conversation goes on and on. And I sit there thinking “but your haircut is so boring”.  ;D

All but “one“ were shavers?   Do you mean to tell me that you guys didn’t take that one guy to task and make him see the light?   I would’ve thought you’ve been kind to him and set them down and shave his head for him right there at work.    . Ha Ha!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2023, 04:53:41 AM »
Well there was some teasing with the guy. We would be sitting in a meeting and someone would say “well we know what to do with his hair” He never would have shaved. He was in his late 50s with a full head of thick longer hair.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2023, 06:17:46 AM »
IMO, the guys with the shaved heads always look professional, so I think it works well in an office environment.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2023, 04:57:32 PM »
Well there was some teasing with the guy. We would be sitting in a meeting and someone would say “well we know what to do with his hair” He never would have shaved. He was in his late 50s with a full head of thick longer hair.

It reminds me of that old television ad for Wilkinson sword razor blades we’re all these young guys in the waiting room waiting to be interviewed for a job and the one guy looked up at the wall and saw that the photographs of  every single one of the officers of the company Have shaving heads.  He then runs to a kiosk, What is a fresh Wilkinson razor,

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2023, 04:59:01 PM »

It reminds me of that old television ad for Wilkinson sword razor blades we’re all these young guys in the waiting room waiting to be interviewed for a job and the one guy looked up at the wall and saw that the photographs of  every single one of the officers of the company Have shaving heads.  He then runs to a kiosk, What is a fresh Wilkinson razor,

Quickly shaves his head in the men’s room and goes back for his interview!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2023, 01:45:49 PM »
@Semi-Sly that would be a great ad to find a copy of.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2023, 01:47:17 PM »
Found it!

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: