Author Topic: Shaving a thirsty winter scalp  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Clippedmiller

• Learning the way of Sly
Shaving a thirsty winter scalp
« on: November 22, 2019, 02:00:51 PM »
This will my second winter with a shaved head . With that said ,last winter and this fall I am having problems with keeping my scalp from drying out my shaving medium/lubricant. The two products I have tried work great when the weather is warmer. They are ominishaver shave butter and or nivea for men sensitive shave gel. Unfortunately  do too allergies to certain dyes, I cannot use the one I would use on my face do too a similar issue but year round. I love being BBC , but I am tired of trying to fight my scalp in order to be bald. So if anyone has a possible way to deal with it please leave it below.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Shaving a thirsty winter scalp
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 12:42:54 AM »
For shaving intead of using a shaving cream or gel , both of which will dry your skin out try either::

A. good old fashioned Noxema skin cream, butif the menthol bothers you,
B. Any unscented skin lotin will act as alubricant for shaving! Neutrogena products are hypoallergenic and come in unscentrd versions

For moisturizing my face and scalp I use unscented “Clinique “men’s moisturizing lotion.  Or use one of the Neutrogena products.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: Shaving a thirsty winter scalp
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 12:43:52 PM »
I like to use  saving oil . 2 or 3 drops on wet hands and applied to scalp , moisturizers and smells nice . I don’t use it for shaving , only as a moisturizer.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."