Author Topic: Electric Shavers  (Read 5143 times)

Offline Vexxed92

• Learning the way of Sly
Electric Shavers
« on: September 02, 2018, 01:51:35 PM »
I'm kind of at my wits end here,

I have super sensitive skin that just doesn't respond well to razors, no matter what I try.

I've done the 5 blade thing, the single blade, the safety razor, etc.

I had one good shave from a barber with a straight razor but obviously I can't afford to have that done everyday...

I was thinking of buying an electric shaver, doing my research I came across these:

http://onpointfresh.com/top-5-mens-electric-shavers/

Can anyone with electric razor experience tell me if these look like a good choice? I was thinking of getting the philips one.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Electric Shavers
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 02:06:56 PM »
I recently purchased an Andis model (Andis 17150 Profoil Lithium).  I had heard others recommend it and I experienced one at a Barber Shop.  It is as close to a blade shave as I had ever experienced.  I did not want it for every day use, but occasion use for early mornings or when traveling.
SlyBeard

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 01:13:07 PM »
I'm kind of at my wits end here,

I have super sensitive skin that just doesn't respond well to razors, no matter what I try.

I've done the 5 blade thing, the single blade, the safety razor, etc.

I had one good shave from a barber with a straight razor but obviously I can't afford to have that done everyday...

I was thinking of buying an electric shaver, doing my research I came across these:

http://onpointfresh.com/top-5-mens-electric-shavers/

Can anyone with electric razor experience tell me if these look like a good choice? I was thinking of getting the philips one.
i use a Braun and it's great. just gotta replace the cutter block and screen to keep it running nice. also clean regularly in the solution.

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 08:25:07 AM »
i also have very sensitive skin on my face and on my head.i use a philips norelco 3000 series that i bought at shopko for about $50.00 which lasts about 4 to 5 years.i dont want to spend a lot of money on a shaver.this shaver works good on my face and on my head,i have very thin hair on my head so a electric shaver works better than a blade and gets the same results.after i shave my head i wash it and put lotion on it and i am set.i shave my face before i wash it and i dont need any lotion after i wash it.

Offline jason_clive

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 04:19:23 PM »
I use braun series 7 and its good for sensitive skin  O0

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 06:13:40 AM »
Hi. I have a Panasonic Arc 4 and I really like it. I see they have the Arc 5 on your list. In the beginning I did get a little razor burn due to sensitivity, but I used Witch Hazel and it went away and didn't come back.