Author Topic: Books for Confidence  (Read 5127 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Books for Confidence
« on: December 05, 2011, 11:53:34 AM »
Have you read a book that helped you with your confidence?  If so, tell us about it so that others might be able to gain the same from it.

Two books that I can recommend are:

To Be or Not Be Intimidated by Robert Ringer

The Game by Neil Strauss - this one will help if you're struggling to meet women

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
Re: Books for Confidence
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 01:12:48 PM »
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 01:22:34 PM by Tyler »

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 01:34:10 PM »
I hadn't read one yet, I will when I'll need to :D
for now, I can start writing one:D
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Arty Chris

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 07:46:46 AM »
Guess I'd second "The Game"

The Artists Way has been good for me as well, and as far as confidence goes, Paul Mckenna's "Instant Confidence," is excellent (although I prefer his book "I Can Make You Rich," it's as much about richness of life as much as financial richness!)

To be honest though, the best bit of advice I've had about confidence was the confidence won't come from reading books or listening to hypnosis discs (although I believe they have a valuable role to play), ultimately confidence will come from just getting out there and "doing it"!

So, things that have helped my confidence in the last year... 1 Shaving my head!   2 Going on stage and doing magic shows  3 Travelling

My job role is changing in a couple of weeks, into something very much more intense, demanding and full on, and I am very nervous about it, but I know that by doing it I'll master it and be a stronger and more confident person.

Hope this helps :)

Offline Arty Chris

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 07:48:15 AM »
And I'm told "Feel the fear and do it anyway," is very good! It's on my pile of books to read :)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 04:33:29 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions, Arty Chris!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Arty Chris

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 03:09:19 AM »
I'm reading "The Way of The Superior Man" at the moment. It's very inspiring! (Although tip number one for being a superior man should read "Shave your head!)

And have just bought "The Dip" and "Radical Honesty" that have been recommended... Hope these may help!

Offline Arty Chris

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 05:41:23 AM »
Have now read "The Way of The Superior Man". It's excellent! Highly recommended! It's a bit spiritual at times, but certainly feels very empowering!

Radical Honesty wasn't so good for me... It seemed to go off track quite a bit. It had some nice ideas in it, but quite a few ideas that were, well, to radical!

"The Dip" was also very good! It's mainly about business, but really can be applied to just about anything... I loved it! 

Offline MarkusToe

• Sly
  • spring is coming