Author Topic: Any ELECTRIC RAZOR Fans??? (Norelco, Skullshaver, Foil Shavers, etc.)  (Read 2249 times)

Offline HANDSHAVED

• Sly Jr.
I'm just curious as to how many Head shavers here are fans of the electric razors on the market.

I know Norelco has dominated the market for years, however there are so many other company/manufacturer options available today.

I've just recently purchased the Pitbull Gold electric razor to try. To be honest, I'm really not sure if it will give me the closeness of shave that I'm ultimately wanting, but I'm walking the dog as we speak. I'm optimistic. I'm also about to experiment with the Andi's Premium Foil Shaver Plus setup. I'm going to compare the Foil shaver with the Pitbull Gold electric razor to see which one will be the right marriage for me. I love the idea of being able to shave "on the go" if and when needed. What about you?

Please feel free to share your ELECTRIC RAZOR experiences and which product you have concluded to be the right fit for your head shaving needs.

Thank you for taking the time to share.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 08:37:57 PM by HANDSHAVED »

“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” (Viktor Frankl, Holocaust Survivor)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
I have two foil shavers, a Wahl and an Andis that I pass over my head after each shave. The few times I go to the barber, he passes the foil shaver over my head and it makes a difference as far as smoothness, hence the reason for purchasing them.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
I have an Andis that I purchased after a barber experience with it.  I still prefer to shave with my cartridge razor in the shower, but I use the electric when traveling so I do not have to bring all my shave gear.  It does a good job but I can still shave faster and closer with the blade.
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
I pre-shave the sides and back with a Remington 3 foil, then finish all of it in the shower with a razor.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
I have the Pit Bull Gold , with it I can shave in 2 minutes. No it is not as close as a regular blade razor. For the winter I like the PBG , for the summer a blade razor is better. I had a malfunction with the PBG , they sent another within a week. I really like the speed of the PBG , just not sure how long they will hold up ???
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline HANDSHAVED

• Sly Jr.
I have two foil shavers, a  and an  that I pass over my head after each shave. The few times I go to the barber, he passes the foil shaver over my head and it makes a difference as far as smoothness, hence the reason for purchasing them.
Thanks for the note. Just curious, which of the foil shavers do you prefer - Wahl or Andis?
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” (Viktor Frankl, Holocaust Survivor)

Offline HANDSHAVED

• Sly Jr.
I have an  that I purchased after a barber experience with it.  I still prefer to shave with my cartridge razor in the shower, but I use the electric when traveling so I do not have to bring all my shave gear.  It does a good job but I can still shave faster and closer with the blade.
Thanks for your reply. So, which cartridge razor do you prefer?

Offline HANDSHAVED

• Sly Jr.
I pre-shave the sides and back with a  3 foil, then finish all of it in the shower with a razor.
Thanks for the note. Which razor do you prefer?

Offline HANDSHAVED

• Sly Jr.
I have the  , with it I can shave in 2 minutes. No it is not as close as a regular blade razor. For the winter I like the PBG , for the summer a blade razor is better. I had a malfunction with the PBG , they sent another within a week. I really like the speed of the PBG , just not sure how long they will hold up ???
Thanks for your reply. I can't help but wonder how many people have issues with their PBG's? I just purchased one and had to return it as well. I've read where several people have had to get their PBG's exchanged out within short order from receiving their original order. Do you prefer wet or dry shave with the PBG?

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
I have the  , with it I can shave in 2 minutes. No it is not as close as a regular blade razor. For the winter I like the PBG , for the summer a blade razor is better. I had a malfunction with the PBG , they sent another within a week. I really like the speed of the PBG , just not sure how long they will hold up ???
Thanks for your reply. I can't help but wonder how many people have issues with their PBG's? I just purchased one and had to return it as well. I've read where several people have had to get their PBG's exchanged out within short order from receiving their original order. Do you prefer wet or dry shave with the PBG?
When I use it in the winter , l only use it dry. And yes they seem to have problems, unfortunately because I really like how fast I can cut my remaining hair.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline HANDSHAVED

• Sly Jr.
Re: Any ELECTRIC RAZOR Fans??? (Norelco, Skullshaver, Foil Shavers, etc.)
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 09:32:12 PM »
When I use it in the winter , l only use it dry. And yes they seem to have problems, unfortunately because I really like how fast I can cut my remaining hair.
Cool. Thanks again.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2019, 07:26:36 AM »
I pre-shave the sides and back with a  3 foil, then finish all of it in the shower with a razor.
Thanks for the note. Which razor do you prefer?

I am currently using a generic 5 blade razor along the lines of the Gillette Fusion, but at a lower cost.  I get them at Walmart.  They are still expensive, but I can go more than 2 weeks on a single cartridge.  And I am using Cremo bran shave cream.
SlyBeard

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2019, 07:50:36 PM »
I have two foil shavers, a  and an  that I pass over my head after each shave. The few times I go to the barber, he passes the foil shaver over my head and it makes a difference as far as smoothness, hence the reason for purchasing them.
Thanks for the note. Just curious, which of the foil shavers do you prefer -  or ?

I guess I prefer the Andis on my head because it holds a charge longer...The Wahl, however seems to do the better job when shaving under my beard....I can use the Wahl on my head, but I usually need to do more passes to get the desired result. I also discovered this week that applying some Lectric Shave on my head first gets me a better shave.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline HANDSHAVED

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2019, 10:25:45 PM »
Thanks for the note. Just curious, which of the foil shavers do you prefer -  or ?

I guess I prefer the  on my head because it holds a charge longer...The , however seems to do the better job when shaving under my beard....I can use the  on my head, but I usually need to do more passes to get the desired result. I also discovered this week that applying some Lectric Shave on my head first gets me a better shave.
I'm all about trying to get the smoothest shave in the most timely manner.