Author Topic: How Long Do You Use Razor Cartridge Before Disposing?  (Read 3558 times)

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
How Long Do You Use Razor Cartridge Before Disposing?
« on: December 26, 2018, 04:51:37 PM »
I'm curious to know how long you use your razor cartridges when shaving your head before throwing them out? What razor do you use and how many shaves do you get out of each cartridge?

I use a Mach 3 and my shave routine has been very much adopted from my friend who also shaves my head. However, after shaving my head for 2 months I'm beginning to learn what's working for me, what feels good, and what doesn't and therefore making appropriate adjustments. I spend way more time than what I should researching head shaving products and methods.

I've been using my cartridge for 7 head shaves and I've begun to notice the blade dulls after 5 shaves. Gillette's website says you can use each cartridge for '15 comfortable shaves' which makes sense since I'd suggest your head probably has 3 times as much hair/stubble as your face.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: How Long Do You Use Razor Cartridge Before Disposing?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 06:30:17 PM »
I'm curious to know how long you use your razor cartridges when shaving your head before throwing them out? What razor do you use and how many shaves do you get out of each cartridge?

I use a Mach 3 and my shave routine has been very much adopted from my friend who also shaves my head. However, after shaving my head for 2 months I'm beginning to learn what's working for me, what feels good, and what doesn't and therefore making appropriate adjustments. I spend way more time than what I should researching head shaving products and methods.

I've been using my cartridge for 7 head shaves and I've begun to notice the blade dulls after 5 shaves. <a href='http://bit.ly/gilletteblades'>Gillette[/url]'s website says you can use each cartridge for '15 comfortable shaves' which makes sense since I'd suggest your head probably has 3 times as much hair/stubble as your face.
Pitch after 1 week! They dull faster than you might think.

Offline PDXGuy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 06:53:19 PM »
After one week of shaving I would say 3-5 days and toss the razor out. My hair is thick on the sides and the razor starts to drag.

New guy shaving SLY in training.

PDXGuy

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 06:54:38 PM »
@chrisphilly123

Do you shave everyday? So 7 shaves before throwing out the cartridge?

Offline PDXGuy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 07:12:45 PM »
Shaving everyday

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 10:41:48 AM »
I shave daily face and head, no hair on top.  I now use gillette fusion 5. was  changing cartridge once a week.  discovered i could go a month.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 12:19:33 PM »
@chrisphilly123

Do you shave everyday? So 7 shaves before throwing out the cartridge?
5-7 a week here. i might skip a few days now and then, mainly due to time constraints. i'm a chronic late.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 01:05:38 PM »
I find That 10 daily to every other day shaving is what I can get comfortably . My go to razor is the Barbasol 2 blade none pivoting disposable. I find it better than the Gillette sensor 2 blade. Just does a better job.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 01:14:09 PM »
I shave daily face and head, no hair on top.  I now use <a href='http://bit.ly/gilletteblades'>Gillette[/url] fusion 5. was  changing cartridge once a week.  discovered i could go a month.

Interesting , if you can get a month out of the Fusion , it then maybe worth their high cost. I never particularly cared for it , but then again cheap is my middle name .
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 05:16:01 AM »
I get them at Costco, packaged in group of 16. Much cheaper there.  My hair is very thin now and sparse

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 06:07:55 AM »
Razors are too freaking expensive to be tossing them out after a week. I use a Schick Hydro 5 and I can go 3-4 weeks. I'm an every other day shaver.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline nohairnow

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 03:31:30 PM »
Schick Quattro here, and getting 7 or 8 head shaves only. I use disposables for my face.

So at ~1.87 per cartridge, that's about 25 cents per shave.  I could probably stretch that to 10 shaves per cartridge as my hair is extremely thin, but the cost is already low enough to use fresh ones instead of taking them to the very end.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2019, 01:00:37 AM »
I use a Mach3 only on my very sparse head, And I would go a couple months, once the shave feels a bit rough Ill go a new one
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2019, 08:14:48 AM »
I routinely use my generic fusion cartridges (Walmart Equate brand) for a month.  And that is with daily or every other day shaving.
SlyBeard

Enter your email address: