Author Topic: Changing styles frequently  (Read 4837 times)

Offline ComicArtist_CKM

• Learning the way of Sly
    • BanditAizo on DeviantArt
Changing styles frequently
« on: February 11, 2016, 01:07:07 PM »
I started losing my hair at age 17 back in 2002. My friends liked to pick on me a lot about it but it didn't really bother me because ALL of us had something to rip on about the other. That's just the way my group was and still is. When I had a thin patch in the back and a receding hairline in the front, the haircut I was most content with was a 1/4 inch buzzcut on top and bare clippers up the sides with a little fade effect. Over the years as the top depleted I started using bare clippers all the way around my head every 2 weeks. Only about 2 years ago did I decide to start shaving my head with a razor. My hair is very dark brown, so even after a fresh shave, the horseshoe is still visible. Some men don't like this on their own heads but I'm actually ok with the horseshoe pattern. I almost always have some type of facial hair style to balance the shaved head, but I change my beard shape frequently because I get board of the same look for too long. Sometimes I grow my remaining fringe of hair to a 1/2 inch at the longest, and sometimes I shave my head every 2 days. I guess it all depends on my mood and other life factors. Does anyone else experience this? Fluctuations in your style.

Ahoy.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Changing styles frequently
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 07:34:11 PM »
I change styles three times a year .  I am going back to fully Sly on Monday!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 07:11:45 AM »
I go from a long buzz up to 4 wks growth , to shaved mostly in the warmer months.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 07:28:06 AM »
I've mentioned this addiction before. A couple times a week I think, I'm not going to shave for a few days, maybe grow some hair. It's darn cold in Minnesota, even a little hair helps. So by the time I get in the shower, I decide to just shave the sides up a little, then I shave the sides up kinda high. Then I remember I tried wearing a high and tight recon awhile back, and decided it looked a little silly on a guy my age. So, like usual, I end up shaving it all off. Then, after a little moisturizer rubbed into my smooth dome, I look in the mirror and think, Damn, that looks good.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Enter your email address: