Author Topic: Worried how it will look sly  (Read 3122 times)

Offline Nw5AndCounting

• Sly Guy in Training
Worried how it will look sly
« on: October 05, 2018, 10:57:27 AM »
I finally got the courage to shave it and I think it looks ok. What I am really worried about though is that I am balding really fast and I dont think I will looks as good sly. There's definitely some asymetrical stuff going on but what I am really worried about is how long and narrow my head is. I brought this up before in other posts but I think it's now easier to see with a shaved head and I'm looking on some opinions of what to do once I am fully bald. Sorry for the bad quality photo but the original was too large to upload. If it's too big of a deal let me know and I'll try to upload a better one.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Worried how it will look sly
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 11:38:28 AM »
I'm sure you feel like your head is shaved, but really, you have a short haircut. It looks ok, but yes, you are thinning alot. I see no problem with your head shape, we are all our worse critics. I think every one of us was apprehensive before our first headshave.

That being said, you have been thinking about shaving your head for awhile. There is only one way to find out how it will look and if you like it. Of course you're asking a bunch of guys that like sporting a bald head, but to for the full headshave. If you don't like it, in a couple weeks you'll be back to a buzzcut.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Nw5AndCounting

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 12:30:51 PM »
Yeah the plan is to shave shorter and shorter as I muster up more courage and now is def the time as it wouldn't take long to grow what I have back. However shaving this far hasn't at all made me feel better about how my head will look sly and I was hoping it would. I just cant get past the long and narrow part of it. My head slopes way up in the back which is the problem

Offline professor

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 12:57:24 PM »
I suggest using a #1 or # 2 with clippers to get a better sense of what you will look like. Cutting it short does exaggerate the amount of thinning that you have which is why you may not like the shorter haircut. Once you get comfortable buzzing for a couple of weeks it will be easier to transition to shaving. Good luck.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 01:12:14 PM »
For what it's worth, when I attempt to grow my hair back, I absolutely hate how I look with the buzzcut length, but I love how it looks shaved bald and shiny. So don't get discouraged by the buzzed look. Like I said, you won't know until you razor shave it.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Nw5AndCounting

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 03:45:05 PM »
Guess you're right I won't know until I try. I'm not looking forward to it though haha

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 04:03:23 PM »
Give it a try man!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 04:07:16 PM »
I can see the itch to shave is there.  Go for it.
Roger

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 06:45:45 AM »
Your head shape looks great,  it’s just obscured but a little bit of hair!

Enter your email address: