Author Topic: Should I do it?  (Read 9080 times)

Offline Chris2000

• Learning the way of Sly
Should I do it?
« on: August 18, 2018, 02:51:21 PM »
Hi! 18 years old and have a really bad receding hairline. Hair is thinning very badly at the front. I have accepted that but what I fear is my forehead size and head shape. I want to try something new, such as shaving it all off but I don't know if I will look normal or whether my head will make me look like a freak!
Any suggestions/advice welcome :)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 05:22:29 AM by Chris2000 »

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Should I do it?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 07:10:14 PM »
Maybe you could try a short buzz first? it doesn't look that bad to me.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 06:47:02 AM »
i agree with sir harry,buzz cut it down first until you get use to it,then if you want to you could shave it off.when you took your hand and pushed your hair back i thought you would look good with a shaved head or bald,you have a good shaped head.

Offline Chris2000

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 10:01:25 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys, i'll buzz it and go from there

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 01:09:21 PM »
Hi! 18 years old and have a really bad receding hairline. Hair is thinning very badly at the front. I have accepted that but what I fear is my forehead size and head shape. I want to try something new, such as shaving it all off but I don't know if I will look normal or whether my head will make me look like a freak! I've attached some images below..

Any suggestions/advice welcome :)
buzz it to a #1, or no guard. I'm guessing you'll like what you see. best to ya. (I was same at your age.)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 08:38:59 PM »
Your head looks fine.  Everyone fears their forehead will look huge and it turns out to almost never be the case.  Shaving the head actually makes the forehead look less pronounced, believe it or not.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 04:34:41 AM »
Your head shape looks fine and completely normal.  I think you will look good sly but as the letter have said if you are still worried buzz first.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 06:34:40 AM »
I agree, your head looks fine, I would just go ahead and shave it.

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 06:50:31 PM »
It is completely normal to worry about head shape before you shave for the first time.

I've tried convincing friends to give it a go but get the same excuses every time of my head has a funny shape, I've got dents in my head, I've got scars etc etc. Those feelings are 100% normal. They are also, in most cases I've seen, not warranted.
If you do have a funny head shape, so what? I was talking to a guy at the bus stop once as we were both BBC. The top of his head was flat. He was joking that he could paint lines on it and use it as a runway. He said he didn't give a damn, it made him unique and he loved it. His attitude was great.

So give it a go. Don't buzz it...shave it all off. If you don't like it, It'll grow back pretty quickly.
For what it's worth, your head shape looks completely normal and you'll look great bald.

Offline Chris2000

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 05:33:50 PM »
Thanks for all the replies guys. I buzzed with a no guard and i'm really happy that I did it. My original concerns about head shape and forehead size disappeared when I actually buzzed and now I wonder why I was so concerned in the first place. But I would like to say thanks as you all gave me the courage to do something that I thought I might never actually do.

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 08:20:04 PM »
You look fine now, but you should cut it shorter in stages.  I think that, in about a year, you'll be ready to go full Kojak.

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 05:29:30 PM »
Nice one Chris, well done.
Post a photo.

Offline scottyloo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2018, 10:49:12 AM »
Let's see Chris. I'm sure it looks great. Mind you once you start shaving it's hard not to love it

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2018, 01:58:58 PM »
Thanks for all the replies guys. I buzzed with a no guard and i'm really happy that I did it. My original concerns about head shape and forehead size disappeared when I actually buzzed and now I wonder why I was so concerned in the first place. But I would like to say thanks as you all gave me the courage to do something that I thought I might never actually do.
Well done. buzzing is so easy, i'm sure you'll stick w/ it. it's so freak easy and eliminates the worry of further thinning.

Offline Chris2000

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2018, 06:21:22 PM »
Totally forgot to post the pic, well here it is!