Author Topic: What if 30 days doesn't work  (Read 4368 times)

Offline number08

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: What if 30 days doesn't work
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2019, 08:26:24 AM »
I can't see anything wrong with the shape of your head.

I went through the same anxiety a while ago and it was only when I said "f%^k this $hit!" and never cared about what anybody else (wife included) thought about my new look, that I started to accept my new look and started to walk tall.

I had doubtful days and had days where I decided to let my hair stubble grow a little but I soon returned to shaving it back off.

The root cause of my anxiety was down to my thinning hair and what I should do with it. In time I have learn't to get rid of the hair and accept things for how they are. Life is too short to worry about what anybody else thinks.

Strangely enough, no one has ever said that my hair/head looks bad. I've had a few comments saying that "it suits you"  but no one has or has had the balls to say it looks terrible. I do get a few looks if im out and about but I am 6'4 and secretly think i'm Jason Statham, so will give ANYONE the look of death, but hey ho, that's life. 

Offline leibows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2019, 11:44:47 AM »
It took me over thirty days to fully gain my confidence.
However, each week, I noticed a change in being more positive on the way I looked and I made every effort to remain
focused on how I felt about this. I found this to be extremely important. ONE STEP AT A TIME.
You never get 100% of the people you interact with to indicate something positive. You just deal with it and stay focused on how you feel.
It’s been over 10 years being SLY.
BEST decision I ever made regarding my appearance.

Hang in there, you have all the support you need right here.

Online reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2019, 10:36:52 AM »
It might take 2 or 3 months to get used to a shaved head. I loved it immediately, but had a few instances where I wanted to grow hair back. I'm glad I'm old enough that what anyone else thinks about my hairstyle doesn't matter. I do get a few women on a singles site that tell me they love bald !
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2019, 01:27:08 PM »
i have mentioned before that i shaved my head many years ago when it was very uncommon.  i wanted to declare my identity and having done it increased my self confidence.  Of course i got comments but that only increased my confidence to be different.

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2019, 02:52:30 PM »
Actually, it took me several years.  Along the way, I tried several different clipper cut styles that many people would consider 'shaved'.   I gradually got comfortable with a #000000 or a razor shaved head. No one has commented in the last several years, which to me means that everyone has already accepted that I have a 'shaved head'.