Author Topic: Keeping that clean look?  (Read 6254 times)

Offline Acmboarder

• Learning the way of Sly
Keeping that clean look?
« on: November 19, 2017, 07:56:21 PM »
I have shaved my head many times over my years, but usually only do it for 2-3 shaves then quit.
How do you all keep faithful on clean shave?

Offline Ben1815

Re: Keeping that clean look?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 04:13:41 AM »
Can only say that of you want to keep the sly look you need to do the 'cold turkey' route and shave your head every day for at least 30 days. By that time it becomes second nature and you no longer need to think about it.  I was bbc for a couple of years before I went back to having a close crop 0 / 1 but have been missing being bald so I'm starting again with the 30 day challenge

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 07:26:19 AM »
I agree with Ben, commit to 30 days of daily shaving.  In just 2 or 3 shaves, it is a pain to do.  With 30 days, not only does it become habit, but you will learn to shave it quickly without nicks and enjoy the process.  I can now shave in the shower in 2 to 3 minutes, and I cannot remember the last time I had a nick.
SlyBeard

Offline Acmboarder

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 11:19:31 AM »
Thank you both for the responses... I will do the 30 day challenge and go from there.... personal note sly- thank you for setting up this forum I enjoy reading it.... (can’t find the merchandise anywhere though....)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 01:28:43 PM »
Thanks, but I cannot take credit for setting up this forum.  The man deserving of credit is @Tyler
SlyBeard

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 09:58:22 PM »
Thanks, but I cannot take credit for setting up this forum.  The man deserving of credit is @Tyler

gu!l+)
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 09:30:03 AM »
If you only shave occasionally, it feels like a chore.  When you shave every day, you develop a routine and it doesn't feel like a chore.  Before going sly, shaving my bear daily was drudgery. After going sly, I looked forward to shaving so I could feel that smooth dome when I was done.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 01:26:30 PM »
It’s a commitment at first I did it off and on. Finally decided I liked it enough and said this is the new look. I like it and the heck with anyone else’s opinion. I find every other day works best for me , in the summer more frequently. It takes 10 - 15 minutes to shave and as others have said it feels ....ooooh so good ,
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:32:02 PM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline _Dan_

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 10:42:25 PM »
just make it a habbit

I do every other day (sometimes leave it 2 days on the weekend).

Once you've been shaving it for a while the whole process gets faster too, which makes it more convenient.  I can get it done in about 10 minutes these days. Hardly a huge chunk of time out of my day.

Offline underorbit

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 08:52:54 AM »

Wait, 2-3 minutes, @Slybeard?!?! What's your secret? I've only been at this for two months so I'll cut myself SOME slack, but I'm still closer to 20 minutes!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 09:53:55 AM »

Wait, 2-3 minutes, @Slybeard?!?! What's your secret? I've only been at this for two months so I'll cut myself SOME slack, but I'm still closer to 20 minutes!

Practice, practice, practice.  I also shave in the shower, no mess to clean up, easy to rinse.  So maybe 3 minutes is slight exaggeration, I never timed myself.
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 10:25:55 AM »
Probably depends on how much of your head needs shaving and how coarse your hair is. BBC so I have some work to do. In the shower takes me about 5 minutes, in front of the sink with my double edge about 30 minutes. That includes the face too.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline underorbit

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 11:18:18 AM »
5 minutes!! I'm impressed!

I did start shaving mine in the shower too but I currently live in an apartment building with unlimited hot water. At the end of the lease I'm moving in with the BF who has an old, crappy water heater. I gotta figure out how to cut this time down...I guess "practice" is the best advice I could get here. :-)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2018, 11:41:23 AM »
5 minutes!! I'm impressed!

I did start shaving mine in the shower too but I currently live in an apartment building with unlimited hot water. At the end of the lease I'm moving in with the BF who has an old, crappy water heater. I gotta figure out how to cut this time down...I guess "practice" is the best advice I could get here. :-)

Maybe invest in a new/larger water heater?
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2018, 12:43:08 PM »
Sounds like you should consider shaving immediately after shower at the bathroom sink. I actually enjoy seeing my lathered up head progressively becoming bald. Save a ton of water, too.

By the way underorbit, you have an awesome looking shaved head!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Enter your email address: