Author Topic: How to help a man I know to stop covering up hair loss and shave head  (Read 4378 times)

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: How to help a man I know to stop covering up hair loss and shave head
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 08:14:22 PM »
March is a long time away, but the fundraiser is an ideal opportunity!  Being part of a group immediately cuts down on the anxiety he might associate with shaving his head. 

Here's an idea: talk to him about participating and offer the suggestion that he raise money by offering to stay shaved one additional day for every so much money he raises, e.g., $5 buys a day.  This does two things: it raises money and lengthens the time he stays sly.  If he raises enough to stay sly for a couple weeks, there's a good chance he'll grow accustomed to it.  Then during his sly time, see if you can arrange a professional barber shave for him to experience.  The treatment might seal the deal!

Now you have six months to gently persuade him that sly is the way to go!  Good luck!

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 08:26:55 PM »
He's a lucky man to have someone who is being so sensitive and caring about his hair loss. I can't really add much, but I think the idea of someone else bringing it up will soften the blow and allow you to be the one who shows how positive it may be.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 09:53:55 PM »
Hi Emma:  1st of all welcome to the sly fraternity and a big thumbs up to you for the "love" you are showing to your bf.  I would just be honest and show him your thoughts and suggestions on how he should just embrace what mother nature has given him. 

The best way is the honest way.  The longer you procrastinate the more difficult it will be.  With that said... you can lead a thirsty man to some ice cold spring water but eventually it will be up to him to drink it. 

Again... I commend me you on your caring thoughts.  Please keep us posted on your BF's road to slyness.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Enter your email address: