Author Topic: Bald in the Winter  (Read 7992 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Bald in the Winter
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2019, 09:12:22 AM »
Yes, Scooby, quite cold here in Minnesota! A couple things but me when the cold comes. A stocking hat will not stay on my head when shaved. If I'm going to be outside during the day, I wait to shave, as even one day of stubble will hold the hat on. Another thing, my head will get cold while sleeping with the heat set to 67 at night. I wear a hoodie to  bed so I can pull the hood up.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2019, 02:17:51 PM »
This is my second winter being bald.

I'm shaving just two time at week....no because is fucking cold,jackets and coats irritated my nape :/

I did not think it got that cold where you are.  How cold does it get?
In kinda like a dessert here.
-4 C°
But the cold is tolerable

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2019, 11:39:34 AM »
  Time to break out them Sly beanies . . . .
I'll wear those in Philly where the winters get f'ing cold. If I go into a bar, etc, like that and eventually take it off. I always get a few extra long stares. I know what they're thinking: 'holy sh*t I didn't know you were bald.'

Amazing how the beanie hides my bald ass head.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2019, 12:20:27 PM »
Chris, your post reminds me of a time I walked into a bar and removed my hat upon entering. When I eat at the bar, a guy and his wife came over to me and said they noticed my shaved head right away. They really thought it looked great, and asked several questions. They asked how I liked it, if it felt good, and what I used to shave and how often. The guy had thinning hair, and said he he was going to give it a try. I love when you remove your hat and get noticed!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2019, 11:46:21 PM »
Chris, your post reminds me of a time I walked into a bar and removed my hat upon entering. When I eat at the bar, a guy and his wife came over to me and said they noticed my shaved head right away. They really thought it looked great, and asked several questions. They asked how I liked it, if it felt good, and what I used to shave and how often. The guy had thinning hair, and said he he was going to give it a try. I love when you remove your hat and get noticed!
that happens to me a lot. Esp. if I enter a place and keep the cap on for a while before taking it off. The biggest reactions come from a strangers, who you may be talking to for a while before the reveal.

Enter your email address: