Author Topic: Bald in the Winter  (Read 7992 times)

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Bald in the Winter
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2019, 05:52:32 AM »
i have had the opposite issue.  living in Arizona i needed to wear hat in summer if out for any length of time.  320 days of sunshine there a year/

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2019, 08:29:07 AM »
Twenty degrees here this morning with a heavy frost.  My wife found an alpaca beanie for me at our local farmers market.  It was expensive, but it's really warm.  Alpaca is soft, but dense, so it's comfortable and wind doesn't cut through it.

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2019, 08:45:52 AM »
I live outside of Toronto and yes the Fall and winter can get very cold. I hate when it's cold because I can't show off my shaved head when I'm outside. On the other hand, I've been able to collect toques. As soon as I get inside, the toque gets removed.

So far I'm up to about 6 toques and the warmest toque I've gotten so far is the one I got in New York City last year with the "I Heart NY" logo.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2019, 09:39:27 AM »
I see this thread is still alive.  Luckily our winters are relatively mild in the south.

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2019, 10:10:19 AM »
Living in phoenix, we have relatively mild winter so hat's arent necessary during the day, thankfully, as I normally only like to wear one at work where its required, or if out in hot sun of summer for several hours. But winter nights and early mornings, oh boy that's another story. Bitter cold, sometimes even colder than Michigan, where my step mother lives, by a few degeees, at least early morning. That is, once we get deep into winter. Right now it's still just a mild chill at night and comfy warm during the day.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 10:14:00 AM by amatlock2778 »
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2019, 10:36:16 AM »
That's what's different about most of us sly guys, as alot of you stated, the hat comes off as soon as you go inside. After spending all that time washing, lathering, and shaving that head perfectly smooth, you surely don't want to hide it! Show off that bald head!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2019, 07:57:02 AM »
One advantage of living in South Louisiana.  The high today is 78 F.  But we are expecting our first freeze tomorrow night.  I rarely need hats or beanies, and can leave the skin on full display most days.
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2019, 11:11:56 AM »
Yes, slybeard, about 10 years ago I lived just east of Pensacola, and the weather was mild in November. I couldn't stand the summer heat. I had nearly shoulder length hair then. Maybe I should have shaved my head, but never considered it then. My neighbor and good friend was the first person I knew well that sported a shaved head. I always thought he looked great!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline JimHLA

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2019, 11:57:36 AM »
It's pretty mild here in Southern California but it's gets cold when the sun is not out. 80 today.
I still bought a beanie. I am more worried about getting sunburned than the cold

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2019, 05:42:43 PM »
What's with the x-ray?

Offline JimHLA

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2019, 06:56:19 PM »
Oops x Ray was a accidental slip of my fingers. It’s show a 11 month old puppy with joint problems.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2019, 01:22:21 PM »
  Time to break out them Sly beanies . . . .
I could see one of these in my future

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2019, 04:10:29 PM »
This is my second winter being bald.

I'm shaving just two time at week....no because is fucking cold,jackets and coats irritated my nape :/

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2019, 06:39:24 AM »
This is my second winter being bald.

I'm shaving just two time at week....no because is fucking cold,jackets and coats irritated my nape :/

I did not think it got that cold where you are.  How cold does it get?
SlyBeard

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2019, 08:30:06 AM »
I live in wisconsin and it gets very cold here in the winter. lately the high has been in the upper twenties and the lows in the teens,their has been some nights where the over night lows have been in the single digits and with the wind chill it has been below zero which is not normal,reddog knows what I am talking about he lives in minnesota I think.