Author Topic: Scalp Tweezing 101 - Advanced  (Read 15791 times)

Offline dalboz

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Scalp Tweezing 101 - Advanced
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2019, 01:25:23 AM »
I tweezed my scalp for the first time around new years and I can offer some advice to anyone who might be considering tweezing. I used an Emjoi Soft Caress Epilator - 36 Gold Plated Hypoallergenic Tweezers (Rechargeable). There are a few things other people have already said here that I'll repeat. Tweezing is painful. Tweezing one hair with tweezers is a small fleeting pain and I initially found epilating to be less painful than I thought, but I found that built over time. It felt like an impact pain, like something striking my head. It wasn't unmanageable, but I had to take breaks. This brings up another point. It takes a long time. If you have a full head of hair then it will take a long time to tweeze it all. It took me four days to tweeze my entire scalp. Granted that was with taking breaks and giving my scalp time to rest, but that was a necessary part. While tweezing I found it super helpful to be able to see what I was doing; I set up a camera with a live feed on my computer so I could see the back of my head. It made that part way easier. One of my main reasons for this is it's really important that the epilator is removing your hair in the direction of its growth. This will help prevent your hair from breaking and causing ingrown hairs. That being said I still had some ingrown hairs. Otherwise the result was amazing! There was no sign of shadow for a few weeks at least. It wasn't as smooth as I thought it would be. I did still have some hairs on my scalp, which I ended up shaving (I didn't want to retweeze while I was dealing with ingrown hairs), but it made shaving way faster. I was surprised when my hair did begin growing back how little it had been damaged. I figure this may have been because I hadn't tweezed my scalp repeatedly. but it further reinforces that if you want to go bald using this method, then you'll need to be dedicated.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2019, 11:30:28 AM »
@dalboz thank you for your post!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2019, 11:41:11 AM »
Looks good @dalboz
SlyBeard

Offline JimHLA

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2019, 10:01:48 PM »
Wow it’s looks really good,  with some many members going BBC it’s really not too surprising.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2019, 06:32:38 AM »
Very interesting. Do you feel the quality of the skin on your head was changed in any way? Any changes in texture of appearance of the skin other than no hair?  I could really dig no fringe hair for weeks!

Offline dalboz

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2019, 11:46:09 AM »
There were a couple spots where I had discoloration, but it faded over time. I didn't really notice any difference to my skin apart from the few ingrown hairs I had. When my hair started growing back some of it was blonde(I have brown hair now, but I was blonde until I was about 8 so I figure that might explain that).

To anyone considering this as a one-time or every-now-and-then alternative to shaving I would say don't. While my head looks smooth in the pictures I still had some fine hairs I had to shave. So it's not the totally smooth experience you might think it's going to be. I did look effectively bald so if it's the hair free look you want that's worth considering. However, tweezing your head is really only advisable if you want to be bald and from a lot of the research I did I realized it doesn't work for everyone.

I experienced some hair loss. As I stated previously, less than I thought I would. Some hairs grew back lighter, and finer, but ultimately I didn't have the perseverance to maintain tweezing. It's definitely something I want to try again although I'm doubtful whether I'll be able to affect any baldness.

Offline Hieu Tran

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2019, 06:58:28 PM »
@dalboz thanks for sharing. Will the hair softer if I keep repeating tweeze them?

Offline dalboz

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2019, 01:36:39 AM »
@Hieu Tran I don't know if your hair will grow back softer if you repeating tweeze your head. Repeating tweezing your head should cause damage to your roots which will cause less of your hair to regrow so your hair will almost certainly be thinner.

When my brother was in law school he ended up pulling his hair because of the stress and his wife said that when his hair grew back it was much softer initially.

It's hard for me to tell whether tweezing has made my hair softer. I've lost some hair so it's a little thinner, but not a ton.

What I concluded from my experience was that in order to effectively go bald I would have to maintain a tweezed scalp, Fortunately once you've eliminate the bulk of your hair tweezing is less painful. Definitely not pain free but I can understand why some guys who've tweezed for a long time don't mind it.

Before I tweezed my head I read pretty much every first hand experience I could get my hands on. There's a yahoogroup that's pretty much defunct now that had a lot of activity around tweezing. Guys stories varied from dazzling successes to abject failure. One of the things I was worried about was am I going to mess up my hair and not be able to keep tweezing. Ultimately I decided the experience of being bald was worth the risk and it worked out alright.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2019, 08:56:46 PM »
Nice results but I don’t need it.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2020, 11:43:03 PM »
I tried it once and I use the method of taking strips of tape to mask off all but a half inch wide strip at a time. it was much less painful than letting the epilator take a full inch and a half wide strip all at one time.  it did give me a wonderfully smooth scalp even though it’s missing with a really tiny hairs and had a touchup with the razor.  it states clothes for almost a week before I head to epilate again. ultimately I stopped doing it because I didn’t want to do any permanent damage to my hair.  but if I we’re not BBC and had advanced hair loss I would definitely try doing it again and keeping up with it because my hair is too light to be able to laser.

Offline BaldOrchidgrower

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Adict to be bald and bearded. Scalp waxer
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2020, 09:05:23 AM »
I was almost full head hair, now I´m bald by choice.
 Here is my progress after 6 months of tweezing and waxing maintenances.
 Just the first session was so painful and I spent around 5 days to complete, now maintenance takes a much shorter time and no pain of all. I still shave the thin hair but takes around 5 minutes.

Worth the effort.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 09:18:51 AM by BaldOrchidgrower »

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2020, 10:29:53 AM »
Maddness i say

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2020, 01:24:12 PM »
I used an epilator on my scalp a few days ago.  I did this over a period of a couple of days.  It is painful, but nothing unbearable.  I have a feeling that it will take several sessions of this to achieve permanent results.  I used it back in the summer, but the hair started growing back after a few weeks.  I was a little more thorough with my work this time.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2020, 06:16:47 PM »
All I can say is "OUCH!" But that's ok.  I really enjoy the shaving part. 

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2020, 07:19:11 PM »
 Well I found epilate him to be extremely painful but then I also found to be extremely painful and other areas of my body that I regularly go and get waxed I find waxing to be much less painful

But I haven’t found any waxing technician who will do my head for me do you guys actually know if somebody will do it .   If so I would really like to give it a try !