Author Topic: Why men should not fear balding...  (Read 147309 times)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Why men should not fear balding...
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2008, 08:28:36 AM »
Welcome wrenchbender.  Great to have you on board and great to know you are loving the sly life.  Why not post up in the Introduction section so more members can greet you and get to know you. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Johannes

• Sly
  • Straight Razor Shaver
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2008, 08:58:27 AM »
Wrenchbender, also a welcome from the Netherlands,your shaved head looks very nice

Johannes
Nothing better than one sharp blade

BALDANDRE

« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2008, 11:31:34 AM »
I am a new member here and i am glad i found this community to see that there are many other people that believe the way i do and like having the bald dome

Welcome bro!

You look good bald! I love when people say "bald is YOU" too...

glad to see yet another bald enthusiast...

it's a good place to hang out!

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2008, 01:49:46 PM »
Welcome wrenchbender. Enjoy this great forum!

J

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2008, 04:51:11 PM »
Welcome wrenchbender.  Post up and post often
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2008, 12:14:11 PM »
Man i totally agree with you on this topic i dont understand why people are so afraid of being bald, i love it i see too many people out there trying to make thier hair look better or fuller or whatever and i think about how i save over 100 bucks a year on hair cuts alone not to mention shampoo and conditioner and gel and all the other things you need when you have hair. I have been shaving my head for five years and no one has ever said anything about my lack of hair not job interviews family or girlfriends everyone sees my baldness as my way of life and my kids even tell me if i need to shave the head because its a little fuzzy, I am a new member here and i am glad i found this community to see that there are many other people that believe the way i do and like having the bald dome

Thanks for the post wrenchbender!  Feel free to post up an introduction so that we can get to know you better.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

DAT Boy

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2008, 09:00:08 PM »
OK, so men shouldn't have to fear balding, but what about the thought of having hair- again? 
This evening my wife was excited to tell me that there is some new process for growing new hair and that the process should be available to the public in about 2 years.  I pretended to be interested, but I could care less.  OK for some, but I don't want hair.  Is it so bad not to want hair? :D

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2008, 10:47:39 PM »
OK, so men shouldn't have to fear balding, but what about the thought of having hair- again? 
This evening my wife was excited to tell me that there is some new process for growing new hair and that the process should be available to the public in about 2 years.  I pretended to be interested, but I could care less.  OK for some, but I don't want hair.  Is it so bad not to want hair? :D
Nope. It's perfectly OK.
I saw this same segment on one of the morning shows (Today Show?). My wife asked me the same thing...if I'd consider it. I didn't even answer...just gave her a glance back with the implied, "Come on, do you EVEN need to ask?" ;)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2008, 11:47:30 PM »
I think that's just Matt Lauer's wishful thinking, but with today's science, you never know. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2008, 03:08:03 PM »
I'm never going back, I don't care what science comes up with.  :x! :Xo!

they can have my razors when they pry them from my cold dead hands   O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2008, 03:32:32 PM »
I think that's just Matt Lauer's wishful thinking ...

Speaking of somebody who needs to go sly.  He was on the right path a few years ago when he got that buzz cut, but now he seems to have gone back to trying to have "news anchor hair".

Offline NAVRN

• Sly Jr.
  • AKA NAVRN2
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2008, 03:00:57 PM »
Truth be Told!!  Great job! O0

Offline bludger44

• So Fresh and So Clean...
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2008, 10:01:47 AM »
Tyler, AWESOME article. I shared most of those worries as well. I'm glad I went sly by choice before I went sly by natural means

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2008, 08:11:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum wrenchbender!

marty22

« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2008, 04:55:23 PM »
agreed, Wrenchbender!