Author Topic: Not exactly a story but...  (Read 4103 times)

Offline Ben1815

• Learning the way of Sly
Not exactly a story but...
« on: November 14, 2017, 02:59:46 PM »
I saw a tweet on twitter the other day that said something like
"It wouldn't bother me if you shaved my head bald but touch my beard or chest hair with clippers and I'd be devastated".
Being BBC I can understand this point of view completely - head hair doesn't matter but beard or chest hair that's another matter

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Not exactly a story but...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 05:06:10 PM »
Yup, scared to shave the beard. I've had a beard for over 45 years. Over the years I shaved it maybe twice, and immediately grew it back.

How often do you guys think you should shave a beard just to see what you look like? I see alot more men with shaved heads and clean shaved faces. I guess just like we say about a shaved head will grow back pretty quickly, so will a beard.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 02:29:18 PM »
I got rid of my beard years ago but I’ve had my mustache since I was 13. I’m 55 now. It’s not going anywhere.
Hair is over rated.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 11:17:36 PM »
I've had mybeard for 51 1/2 years.  Recently had to have some chemo for a cancerous situation and although I was not worried about no hair on my head the beard became very tatty.  Fortunately it is slowly starting to grow back in.
Roger

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 05:52:34 AM »
I started the beard the day I moved to Alaska in 1980. Up there most guys have beards whether they look good or not. Safe place to try one out.  I've not shaved the beard off since.  Wife says, "You better not shave it off. I won't let you in the house!".

I guess I'm rather partial to it.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 09:18:40 PM »
I've had mybeard for 51 1/2 years.  Recently had to have some chemo for a cancerous situation and although I was not worried about no hair on my head the beard became very tatty.  Fortunately it is slowly starting to grow back in.

Prayers for a speedy recovery, hope all is well.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Enter your email address: