Author Topic: How often do you shave?  (Read 1521 times)

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
How often do you shave?
« on: October 14, 2020, 10:34:51 AM »
I usually shave in the morning with my de then throughout the day I touch it up as needed until I go to bed.  My wife thinks I might be ocd about it but I'm retired and this is a hobby for me and I have the time.  I use shaving gel but I find that conditioner works slightly better.  For touch ups(I usually miss a spot)  I simply soap up the area then hit it with my de.  Works good for me and I hardly ever have to tackle more than a few hours growth which is fine by me :)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: How often do you shave?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 01:37:08 PM »
I usually shave every day in the shower. I think alot of us are ocd about keeping a totally smooth head! Interesting to hear you're retired and headshaving has become somewhat of a hobby. I'm exactly the same way. I often wonder what my friends would think if they knew how much time I spend on my morning shaving routine. If I wasn't retired, I don't know if I could find enough time to maintain a daily shave. Anyway, I definitely enjoy and look forward to doing a perfectly smooth headshave every day.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 02:28:03 PM »
I work shift work, usually working 2-3 days and then getting 2-3 days off. If I'm coming off of a day rotation I shave on the first day off, if coming off of nights, I'll shave on the second day off. So on average for me it could range from anywhere from 3-5 days, though life circumstances may force me to go longer (like in April when I spent 10 days in the hospital and grew a 16-day fringe)
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 03:59:11 PM »
A 16 day fringe???  I can't even imagine that!  Wow!  Nearly kills me to go a single day.  I'd be like  :D

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 12:28:42 AM »
Usually daily or every-other-day. But in COVID times it really depends on when I plan on leaving the house.  ;D
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ANASFIL

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 02:28:13 AM »
Usually daily, somedays with an electric rotary shaver and sometimes with Gillette pro shield 5blades

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 04:52:03 AM »
Every other day

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 07:27:51 AM »
I shave every day, using a Gillette Fusion razor

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2020, 10:00:31 AM »
My preference is daily, and I do not think I missed more than a handful of days for my first 5 years.  I tried twice a day a few times, but it seemed to irritate my skin. I am less OCD about it now, and normally shave every other day unless I have an event to attend.
SlyBeard

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2020, 11:56:08 AM »
Now I've done it. >:(  I got myself a razor burn in a few places so I won't be shaving tomorrow.  Whenever I get a burn, I usually take a day to recover.  I seem to have that problem when I put in a new blade.  Oh well, such is life.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2020, 05:48:49 PM »
 I don’t shave every day, in fact I find that if I shave every other day I get a much smoother cleaner shaved then if I try to do it every day.

I got a really great shave tonight!   I used a few drops of shaving oil first on my scalp and then I used a kind of a different shaving lotion that I got a Trader Joe it’s a mango peach cream shave and it has the consistency of like hair conditioner and it also has aloe and vitamin E in it    Did my usual ones over with the green followed by once over against the grain and I have the most absolutely perfectly smooth head right now that I’ve had in a long time it feels wonderful !

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2020, 05:38:08 AM »
You inspired me to change my shaving routine! :)Thanks!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2020, 12:10:09 AM »
Every 3 days for me