Author Topic: How long does it take you to shave your head?  (Read 18270 times)

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: How long does it take you to shave your head?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 02:47:40 PM »
15 minutes at the sink for head and face including preparation (fill sink with water, wash head and face with facial scrub), using HeadBlade + disposable double blade razor.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline djones

• Guero Pelon
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 08:11:49 PM »
I'm a new jack but it takes me  around 15 mins in the shower , probably about 12 at the sink but it still works better for me in the shower since I don't have to wash the sink lol
Semper Paratus!

Offline Thebaldnation

• wanting to bring our Bald community closer together
  • Sly
    • ThebaldNation
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 10:57:21 PM »
Takes me around 15-20 minutes, but then of course I'm a slacker!
<!-- Facebook Badge START --><a href="http://www.facebook.com/people/Baldguy-Thebaldnationsbest/1827707468" title="Baldguy Thebaldnationsbest" target="_TOP" style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-
[url=http

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 10:39:15 AM »
I saw this post before showering this morning. My shower was 10 mins long and half of that was to shave my head. So, 5 minutes for me. I seem to have cut my time in half since originally asking this question.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline BBC.Buddy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 02:32:28 PM »
I couldn't tell ya!  I shower then shave at the sink and have never timed it!  I put something on TV for the kids if the wife is busy then turn on some music and shower then shave.  It's my time and I don't track it or rush it!  I'll try to notice a start/stop time tonight!  Y'all have me curious!

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
Re:
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 04:18:31 PM »
Shaved by feel in the shower today and today was the quickest so far. I happened to look at the time to see if I would have time to shave, was running late this morning, and decided to go for it. Took me 6 minutes, smooth and clean! Shower shaving seems to provide, at least for me, the quickest and smoothest shave.

I was a sink shaver using a mirror up until this week. Decided to try shave by feel and it has been getting faster and faster, and as I had mentioned in previous thread, smoother also. I'm thinking the steam from the shower helps with making the shaving easier.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline Raulski

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 07:58:33 PM »
I take as long as I can. I like to enjoy it. That said, I still only take about 15-20min, head & face.
If I'm hurrying (which I hate) I can probably do 10min, including alum & aftershave.

Offline Thebaldnation

• Sly
    • ThebaldNation
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 09:47:39 PM »
I couldn't tell ya!  I shower then shave at the sink and have never timed it!  I put something on TV for the kids if the wife is busy then turn on some music and shower then shave.  It's my time and I don't track it or rush it!  I'll try to notice a start/stop time tonight!  Y'all have me curious!
there you go, a man that values a good shave! What perfect me time than shave time, that's a good way to look at it.
<!-- Facebook Badge START --><a href="http://www.facebook.com/people/Baldguy-Thebaldnationsbest/1827707468" title="Baldguy Thebaldnationsbest" target="_TOP" style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-
[url=http

Offline BBCESQ

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 12:36:23 PM »
Sink shaver here, and it takes me about 10 mins or so. 

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 01:05:16 PM »
I usually can fit the whole sink shaving routine into five minutes.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 01:12:12 PM »
Normal routine: five minutes in the shower

Last couple weeks I've tried a new routine.  I shave the sides with a DE at the sink while I shave my beard.  Then I do the top and back in the shower.  I noticed I get a smoother, less irritating shave on the temples with this routine.

Offline BBC.Buddy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 07:20:28 PM »
Start to finish tonight was 31 minutes.  That's showering, sink shaving, brushing teeth and cleaning the sink.  Baby Butt Smooth.....aaaahhhhh

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 10:34:07 PM »
Now that I shave three or four times a week (sometimes five after the SD diagnosis) I did mine in 15 minutes today.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Aussie Sly Guy

• Sly Jr.
  • Sly Since March 2011
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 10:42:44 PM »
For me it's about 45 mins, which is head shave and shower, face shave takes a little longer. I like to take my sweet ass time to get the best results. But I love doing it, so doesn't bother me.

Offline Thebaldnation

• Sly
    • ThebaldNation
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2014, 06:03:23 PM »
For me it's about 45 mins, which is head shave and shower, face shave takes a little longer. I like to take my sweet ass time to get the best results. But I love doing it, so doesn't bother me.
Yes, I love shaving at night, I think it's relaxing, it usually takes me 15-25 for shaving, if I rush I usually wind up with nicks and scrapes so I take my time combined with shower and face shave I'm looking at about an hour.
[url=http

Enter your email address: