Author Topic: Scarring on left hand side of temple  (Read 3225 times)

Offline tryingtostaypositive

• Sly Jr.
Scarring on left hand side of temple
« on: December 17, 2019, 12:57:50 PM »
About 4 months ago now, I had a nasty shaving experience where I managed to scar myself and ripped out a small layer of skin near the left hand side of my temple. At first it didn't look too bad now the scar appears to still look rather pale and pink/whitish with a dark brown border around it. I have attached a picture here so hopefully you can all see this....Obviously it looks different in different lighting.

This is not really noticeable unless I look at myself close up in the mirror however it is irritating me to the point where I want to get something done about it but I realise at the same time it takes a while for it to heal. I have been thinking about getting SMP done for a while and this may be the opportunity now to have finally get it done because that would cover that scarring area.

In the meantime I have been using bio-oil and serum gel which I think has helped but it's hard to say. Is there anything else I can do about it or any other products I can use?

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Scarring on left hand side of temple
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 09:10:07 PM »
About 4 months ago now, I had a nasty shaving experience where I managed to scar myself and ripped out a small layer of skin near the left hand side of my temple. At first it didn't look too bad now the scar appears to still look rather pale and pink/whitish with a dark brown border around it. I have attached a picture here so hopefully you can all see this....Obviously it looks different in different lighting.

This is not really noticeable unless I look at myself close up in the mirror however it is irritating me to the point where I want to get something done about it but I realise at the same time it takes a while for it to heal. I have been thinking about getting SMP done for a while and this may be the opportunity now to have finally get it done because that would cover that scarring area.

In the meantime I have been using bio-oil and serum gel which I think has helped but it's hard to say. Is there anything else I can do about it or any other products I can use?

I will be blunt; AND THIS IS JUST MY OPINION;  so it is opnlyh worth what yhou paid for it(Ha Ha):

1. That scar is no big deal
2.  I have had scars that have take up to two years to "color justify" with the skin that surrounds it but they always turn out just fine in the end.
3.  IMHO SMP always looks artificial and spoils the beauty of a shaved head.

Offline tryingtostaypositive

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 01:53:53 AM »
Hi thank you for your response. You're right I realise it's hardly even a noticeable scar unless it's close up and being tall it's hard for anyone to even see it. Still you know what it can be like when you have to live with something like that.
Yeah I think sometimes smp can produce some decent results.

Offline leibows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 06:57:45 AM »
During the years I was losing my hair, I decided on hair transplants. This was early on for this procedure.
Unfortunately, the procedure was less than successful. The end result was scarring where they removed and inserted the hair plugs. It’s been over 30 years and the scarring has faded but still noticeable.
I never did anything to hide or correct it. Glad I never did. Kind of goes with being SLY.   

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 09:27:52 AM »
Time will take care of it, but how long, no one knows.  I think it is not a big deal, but if it bothers you, it is a big deal to you.

I once had a nasty cut on my head and ad a formal event to attend.  I picked up my wife's concealer and just put a dab on it and it completely disappeared.  It was not healed like yours, but still red and had some scabbing.  FYI - concealer is a type of make up the ladies use to cover blemishes.  Now, I am not a guy that is into wearing make-up, but at the time it was a simple solution to an eye sore look.
SlyBeard

Offline Ray Cornett

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 02:41:31 PM »
I have had nearly 20 operations between the day I was born and the time I was 15. The day I was born I had to have a shunt placed and in doing so they needed to drill into my skull resulting in a still rather large C-shaped scar on the top right section of my scalp.

About 10 years ago, after being very self-conscious about all my surgery scars I decided to force myself into a way of getting over my hangup about scars. So, soon after losing my job I shaved my head bald. No way to hide that scar unless I wore a hat and I rarely wear a hat because I get hot too easily. I had wanted to shave my heard for years anyway but some jobs just don't like that much of a sudden physical appearance change unless I wanted to end up as a barista at a local mom and pop coffee shop.

It worked.

When it comes to being self-conscious about scars, most often it is not because of how we feel about them but about how others may look at us with our scars as if we are damaged, not worthy, etc.

If your scar is so faint that even YOU have to look close to see it, you really have nothing to worry about other than your own overthinking. Be like Else and let it go!

However, if you absolutely most, Vitamin E oil helps with scar tissue as does ultrasound therapy.

Offline Clippedmiller

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 12:36:31 PM »
Like everyone has said it not notable or stick out. I have a scar where I had a mole removed .It was once that very mole was removed I decided that hey I am already using the shortest available clipper blade for s why not shave it off. I love it and I cannot stand going too long between shaving it. I will say that I will take the scar versus the mole and needing some sandpaper Velcro hair to make it look right.

Enter your email address: