Author Topic: OCD About stubble?  (Read 6473 times)

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
Re: OCD About stubble?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 09:23:11 PM »
So, I was thinking about us baldies that dislike any stubble on our heads.

If our heads are stubble free smooth, we have a shaved head. 24 hours later, when you feel stubble, you have a very short buzzcut!

We had our monthly hotrodders lunch today. Out of 9 guys, 2 of us were sly. A discussion ensued about the convenience of wearing a shaved head. The guys asked alot of questions about the shaving process and the equipment we use. I told them the bottom line is I like having a shaved head.

Is a shame that you only can be truly Bald for a short period of time. Once the stubble appears,you're  another simple man with a buzzcut.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 10:02:44 AM »
I would say I was OCD about it as well when I started, but no so much now.  I tried shaving twice a day to fight the stubble, bur it irritated my scalp.  After 5 to 7 years, I am not as OCD about it.
SlyBeard

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2019, 12:15:35 PM »
I would say I was OCD about it as well when I started, but no so much now.  I tried shaving twice a day to fight the stubble, bur it irritated my scalp.  After 5 to 7 years, I am not as OCD about it.
Just the opposite here. Older I get the more ODC I am about it. After early morning shaves, I feel stubble late afternoon; feel like a bald guy trying to grow his hair back. Brahahahaha. Wonder what % of guys like us feel this way?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2019, 12:45:28 PM »
I'm probably more like Chris. I used to skip a day or 2 sometimes, but now I have a hard time skipping even 1 day. Probably a combination of not liking stubble, and wanting to look my very best, although skipping a day or 2 doesn't really show. Coming up on my 6 year baldiversary, and love wearing a shaved smooth head more than ever!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2019, 09:11:33 PM »
I'm probably more like Chris. I used to skip a day or 2 sometimes, but now I have a hard time skipping even 1 day. Probably a combination of not liking stubble, and wanting to look my very best, although skipping a day or 2 doesn't really show. Coming up on my 6 year baldiversary, and love wearing a shaved smooth head more than ever!
I'm afraid of seeing an pharmaceutical ad on TV on day. Something like: 'Are you a bald man with OCD about head stubble, of so take 2 pills daily . . . . . ' 

We cure your OCD not your MPB. hahahaha!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2019, 09:32:35 AM »
I guess there are alot of worse things we could be OCD about. At least we are looking great and certainly well groomed!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2019, 11:22:04 AM »
I guess there are alot of worse things we could be OCD about. At least we are looking great and certainly well groomed!
You don't even want to my my other OCD fixations.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2019, 01:49:08 PM »
I do the same thing. I hate stubble!
Hair is over rated.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2019, 01:53:04 PM »
It's funny, I used to be OCD about stubble, but lately I've been going a day or two without shaving and not caring as much. It could be that I'm crazy busy...lol
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2019, 07:25:36 AM »
It's funny, I used to be OCD about stubble, but lately I've been going a day or two without shaving and not caring as much. It could be that I'm crazy busy...lol
I wish I could kick the OCD. I was at a wedding Saturday and later in the evening I was worried my stubble was showing.  Houston, we have a problem.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2019, 08:07:23 AM »
It's ok Chris, lots of worse things to be OCD about. I might be getting worse. I shaved early yesterday, then got invited to dinner with friends, so thought I better shower again. So as long as I was in the shower, I shaved again. When I got up this morning, I thought I didn't have to shave, as there was very little stubble. Of course, when I showered, I had to shave to BBS. Oh well, it looks and feels great!

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2019, 09:45:01 AM »
A freshly shaved head feels awesome, especially rinsing off in the shower afterwards.  I just started using a Gillette Fusion.  It does a great job, but the blades are expensive.  I’m reserving it for my head shaving razor. 

Offline kylebcool

• My hovercraft is full of eels
  • Sly Jr.
  • 11-29-14 it began again
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2019, 06:01:33 PM »
I realized how OCD I am about stubble today! I shaved before I went to bed and then before I went into the office at noon. I can't have it be not completely BBS.
In case of fire, break open the vodka. Its going to be a long night...

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2019, 07:59:22 PM »
I realized how OCD I am about stubble today! I shaved before I went to bed and then before I went into the office at noon. I can't have it be not completely BBS.
i have that OCD too. I feel stubble with my fingers and my brain says I look hideous like Friar Tuck.  LOL

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2019, 08:07:14 AM »
I'm on holidays from work this week and I said I wasn't going to shave my head but after 4 days I couldn't resist. I broke down!

Enter your email address: